Signed & Sold: '21 Charger ScatPack Widebody

2021 Dodge Charger ScatPack Widebody (factory ordered)

MSRP: $54,590.00
Selling Price: $47,914.28 (affiliate & negotiated under invoice)
Gov Fee: $194.00
Doc Fee: $125
Taxes: $2,745.82
Dodge cash: $2,000 (included in sale price)
Total: $50,979.10

Additional “free” monies:
-PenFed: $1,000
-Bonus Drive: $250

OTD: $49,979.10 (Bonus Drive obviously collected at a later date)

PenFed 36 month balloon loan
2.99%
$12K down; financed ~$38K
payment was ~$379/mo

Took delivery on 07/01/2021, sold on11/24/2021 for $53,750.
Dealer came to my office to retrieve the car.

16 Likes

Spectacular deal! Thanks for sharing. I’m guessing you didn’t have loyalty or conquest.

I’m very tempted to get one of these. How did you like the car?

1 Like

I really liked the car, I’m not sure I could say that I loved it. The interior is fine, but it needs a refresh IMO. It doesn’t feel like you’re getting into a 2021 car. I absolutely wouldn’t buy a charger without the widebody. I think it really changes the appearance and driving attitude of the car. The wide stance (and wide tires) do like to follow lines in the road, so it didn’t always feel the most stable. Motors sounds great, brakes are great, fuel mileage can be acceptable if you try. The car has an enormous trunk and a large amount of interior space. I think that is the biggest thing going for it, in combination with its speed/power. I would also say that it a bit uneventful of a drive unless you’re smashing the gas from a stop, or driving above the speed limit. :innocent:

Overall, I may order another one (or Hellcat before they are discontinued) at some point in the future.

Yeah the interior looks very archaic :slight_smile: but that doesn’t bother me. There is no other car with 305s and a V8 like you mentioned.

Hopefully I won’t lose too much money with a Challenger. My deal is not as good as yours but still a decent deal. Will be a cool bedtime story for my grandkids in the future. :slight_smile:

Is it just me or do these things feel slow? I’ve driven a non-widebody and it was not nearly as fast as I was expecting but definitely quick. It just felt underwhelming to what I thought it would be. The wide body I’m sure adds a few pounds unless they saved weight elsewhere.

Yeah, it’s sort of a give/take. You have to realize the performance you’re getting at that price point. I’m not saying the outdated interior is completely excused…

I’m mean, they aren’t the fastest car out there but they are certainly quick. For the size and wait, they actually move very well. I think they’re close to being a 4 second car; it is much faster than the majority of vehicles on the road.

Did you drive the 392 or 5.7 (RT)?

What did you end up getting?

Widebody Challenger Scat Pack.

Manual? :smirk: color? I really debated going with the F8 green or the hellraisin, ended up picking frostbite after seeing it in person. Hellraisin is a great color but is a bit too dark for me. I’ve never seen F8 in person.

It will be an Auto so the better half can drive. She had a disgusted face when I showed her the Hellraisin photo but she might change her mind when it arrives. :slight_smile:

F8 looks even darker than HR. HR doesn’t look that dark under the sun. I would love to order Plum Crazy but too bad it doesn’t exist anymore.

Y’all are making me think I should get out and drive a new one. I have an ‘08 RT and absolutely love it. So comfy and roomy and feels faster than it really is. So I keep debating about a new scatpack. But you are making me think that could be a mistake.

If you haven’t driven a new ScatPack yet, it will definitely be a mistake if you do…lol. They are pretty fun cars. I said, I may end up ordering another one at some point, but it just wasn’t logical to stay in this one. The Hellcat will be a real possibility at some point. I’m hoping Dodge brings back some of their incentives before the Hellcat is buried for good.

It was a 392 but to be fair I’ve been in some pretty fast cars so I think it may just be relative depending on who you ask.

I agree. I think it may be the power delivery, because I don’t find it shockingly fast either…at least that is how it feels while driving it. I’ve driven and/or owned some fast cars, but certainly not the fastest out there. Some are obviously not as fast in today’s world either lol… ScatPack, Mustang GT, Camaro SS, 370z, Corvette, Vette Z06, GTR, Huracan, etc. just some that I can recall…

1 Like

Nice looks like mine. Your going to love driving it

I had my fun and sold it a couple of months ago. Which options did you go with? You have different rims for sure.

Great looking car and nice deal as well!

1 Like

Sorta felt these were nostalgia models, akin to the PT Cruiser mindset. Every 20 years hiphuggers and wedges come back, like a bad dream.

Wow, you got MSRP in the winter? I’m jealous. Trying to dump my 21 Challenger SP manual right now, best offer I have is $46k from GMTV. Most dealers have topped out at $44k, which isn’t bad since I paid $42,900 OTD on MSRP $45,665. The biggest problem is Dodge raised the base MSRP of the Charger/Challengers 3 times in 2021, so your base MSRP was prob $1500 lower back in July.

$12k is a lot to put down, but the gamble worked and you got paid $3k to drive a fun car for few months. Who can complain about that? Good work, Kato.

1 Like