Signed onepay Pathfinder SL 4WD - Effectively $349/mon - MN

Is this any good?

Thanks for your feedback!

11 Likes

Heck yes!

Crazy awesome deal for the suv, enjoy it!

Great deal! Great for Hennepin county too. Was the dealer easy to deal with?

This is such a weird lease. MSRP was $43k and you had almost $10k DAS, including $3600 in MSDs? What in the world was the rest of the DAS? And only 18 months? And a 91% RV?! The monthly is good but I truly don’t understand this lease!

Edit: I get it now, its a one pay. Yes good deal

Yes, it was a straight forward process once they understood how it works.

1 Like

I’m trying to understand this as im shopping around for a 2023 Rogue ,ifyou pay $9876 for 18 months, doesn’t that make your monthly payment $ 548.66?

You get the security deposit back after the lease period. Subtract $3600. The deposit is used to reduce the cost to lease by reducing the APR and moreover APR is lower for onepay.

1 Like

So, was there a deal for one time payment or you offered?

It was advertised

1 Like

NMAC accepts one-pay leases with a reduced MF, with optional MSD to reduce the MF even further.

Not all Nissan dealers know how to do this or are willing to figure it out.

2 Likes

Is this a good deal?

In my case the salesperson states NMAC only allows MDS’s to reduce the payment but 5 MSD’s only reduce the payment by $14/month.

Why can’t you post the calculator link? It’s very hard to understand the parameters of the posted deal from the screenshot you posted.

Given that you have to tie up $1750 over 18 months to save ~$270, it does not make lot of sense put down MSD. Online banks like Discover have savings rate of about 3.9% these days, so that $1750 will make you ~$105 with compound interest, so you are only losing around $165 over 18 months here.

A guaranteed ~15% would make a little sense to me…?

Also, don’t forget there is tax due on the ~3.9% interest example of yours. There is no taxation on money (saved) by doing MSD’s.

This is a valid point, even though approximate $ amounts might not be correct. Average savings rate on a 1-3 month CD is over 5% currently (and is bound to go up as fed tightens credit and banks incentivize customer cash deposits, and no I’m not taking about big banks) , which is easy money. If you, atleast, keeping rolling over the CD at that rate, compounding will provide more value than locking that cash up in MSDs today. Also, what if OP totals the car tomorrow? Or incurs another event of total loss?

I chose not to put MSDs or do one-pay and give NMAC the same opportunity. I did not want to lock 9k plus in cash. I have a 3 month and 2 year old. I invested the same cash and will generate higher returns in an apples to apples comparison. In the coming times, cash is and will be king.

Just because MSDs lower the MF and make the lease deal look amazing via the LH calc score, is not an accurate gauge of whether it is wise to tie cash down or not. You also need to consider the lessees personal finance situation and risk appetite.

In the event of a total loss, auto insurance (and GAP, if needed) covers the loss, the lease is terminated, and the lessor gets the MSDs back.

Note that the rent charge savings from MSDs isn’t taxed, but any interest on the same money (savings/CD) would be taxed at your highest marginal rate.

I’m a big fan of MSDs, but with all of :point_up: said, the savings here in real dollars is pretty small, so I don’t feel passionate either way on this specific deal. :slight_smile:

Thank you and Agreed. My whole point was to understand what should classify as material savings vs immaterial. I wasn’t saving materially in my case with put up 9k+ cash upfront vs doing a zero drive off on a car with 10.5% discount. Each coin has two sides, it’s good to see and understand both, rather than going with one popular notion. :slight_smile: :smiley: plus, it’s my cash, make it work overtime than the bank.