Signed Nissan Rogue FWD SV

I need some input regarding the deal I signed. I can’t seem to work it out in the calculator. I don’t think I got totally fucked, but it was not the deal I showed up for. I’ve been work on 2 deals for relatively identical Rogues - calling around to 5 different Nissan dealers in S. Fla and trying to get something for around $300/mo, 36/10, no money down, just traditional DAS (figured to be around $1700 or 1800). I ultimately went to the dealership who had assured me that we could do $338/mo, 36/10, normal DAS.

Each deal is similar, although the one car is MSRP of $34.420.00

MSRP: 34,815.00
Gross Capital Cost: $29,832.19
Agreed Value: $28,145.19
Down Payment CCR: ($1060.43)
Taxes/Title/Reg filing, etc: $775.58
Monthly payment: $338.99
Dealer Fees: $992.00
Acqisition Fee: $695.00

The DAS = $2,175.00, which was the exact amount of the incentives on the vehicle.

I should have left when I arrived and found out that the salesman I have been speaking with is the Internet sales guy (who was not present at the dealership), and the deal they presented was $338/mo, PLUS TAX, plus $2550 DAS, and 5k miles/year. He gaslighted that I was responding to their internet ad, to which I said, no, I negotiated my deal of $338/mo including tax with the sales man, the standard DAS of roughly 1800, and 10k/year. “Oh no, we can’t agree to that deal.”

I then made an egregious error of introducing my trade, which had $6,224.43 of equity, per the Carmax quote I received and brought with me (which the salesman said they would honor over the phone).

That gave the GM carte blanche to confuse the issues.

At the literal end of the day, I agreed to a deal of $338/mo per car, and would receive $900.00 back from the trade - meaning that, out of the trade, they would apply $2,662.21 to each vehicle as a due at signing. I viewed it as the equivalent of a $363.00/mo payment, plus $1800 DAS, although I told him I wanted no money down, as these were leases for my teenage kids who have a higher likelihood of a wreck, so I didn’t want money down. He assured me that it was simply the traditional DAS (which I knew was bullshit and called him out after I signed the lease).

I can’t get the calculators to line up, and I can’t seem to locate some of my trade money. Per the contracts, the total DAS is $2,175.00/car, or $4,350.00 for both.

If he gave me $900 back (which is a different issue), where is the remaining $974.43 in this deal (the remaining equity in the trade)?

And, how do I get the calculators to work with these numbers?

Thanks.

Here is the closest I could get with a calculator on the 2nd deal:

well without any real numbers like on a paper, the easiest answer is they are marking up the MF to the sky.

Here’s the redacted lease contract.
REDACTED.pdf (343.8 KB)

need Section 5 as it contains the Rent charge which computes the Money factor
But I can tell you that

• the selling price is 28145.19 and not 29674.19
  • It says 0 money from you
  • Your incentive is not taxed.
  • 68.50 Doc Fee? In Florida? wow

So, there are 2 deals here. My calc was on the other deal. Here is the lease page for the Leasehackr calculator deal. The previous upload was for the info that I typed in the text. Sorry.
Redacted - Black.pdf (333.2 KB)

Your comment is kind of the confusion that I have with this deal. They took my trade that had $6224.43 in equity and applied it toward my DAS on each vehicle, giving me $900 back, so applying $2,662.21 toward each vehicle. I am confused because none of these numbers line up.

You made a few mistakes in your LH calc. I amended the following to reflect…
MSRP = 34815
Sell Price = 28145.19
Sales Tax Rate = 7.00%… at least that is what the lease contract uses
MF = .00215
Gov Fees = 701.35
Down payment (CCR) = 1060.43
Set Tax incentive = 0

Below is the corrected LH calc…

Also, your DAS = 0. All of your upfront fees, Section 4 (a) thru (o), are covered by the 2175 rebate/credit, Section 4, Line II. I did all the calcs manually and they are spot on with those of the lease agreement. You said…

If this wasn’t the deal you agreed to, then why did you sign it? Bottom line, DAS = 0, Monthly payment = 338.99. Seems like you got what you wanted to me. Am I missing something? As far as the trade is concerned, have the dealer cut you a check. Don’t roll it into the lease as a CCR. Total the car and you may lose all or part of your CCR.

EDIT: Your posted lease contracts do not reflect your trade. You’ll need to have the dealer cut you a check for the trade.

1 Like

Thanks for fixing the calculator, and for your analysis.

He took my trade and used that to pay the $2,175.00 for each vehicle. However, the deal was he would give me $900.00 back out of the trade, and the rest would be applied toward the DAS - but that doesn’t seem to be what the paperwork reflects at all.

WHOA!!! The lease contract shows that the 2175 is a rebate/credit, not a trade credit. The Trade-in allowance line I shows N/A. If the trade is factored into the lease, then that line needs to be populated with the trade-in credit. IF the 2175 is truly a trade credit, then the lease contract should be amended accordingly. This is a problem with dealers. They often do things half-assed because they don’t give a damn.

Too many people allow the dealer to control the deal. You’re chasing after the dealer trying to work with their numbers. Bad idea. Do your research and create a target deal as well as a professional-looking knock 'em dead one-page lease proposal like the one below.

All data and calculations must be spot on. The proposal is designed to get the attention of the SM or GM. And it always does. Don’t waste your time with floor salespeople. Get to the decision maker. I’ve created just south of 2000 lease proposals over the last 28 years or so and have had a success rate well in excess of 90%. It works! Yes, all of them needed some tweaking which was done via email/phone. I never negotiate inside a dealership. I ask for their dealer worksheet and a copy of the completed lease agreement once a deal has been agreed upon. I do this to ensure that there are no mistakes before going to the dealer to sign docs and collect the keys. In lieu of a lease proposal, I suppose I could just give them my bottom line like DAS = 0 followed by 38 payments of 523.00 each (39-month lease). But that opens the door to questions such as how I arrived at that payment. Then I have to tell them that it doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is whether they can do the deal. And now, let the games begin. Better to lay all the cards on the table upfront and be completely transparent rather than encounter a bunch of crap.

Just to clarify… You got 2 identical Rogues, each w/ 5K mi/yr? Does the calculator even go that low (for the mileage)?

No they are 10k/year

Ouch. Hate to say this but I think they gave you a $900 check for your trade equity as opposed to $6224.43 you claim to have. They told you they are applying $2662 as DAS to each car but they actually covered that with the $2175 rebate.
Under Section 4 Itemization, look under How the amount due at lease signing is being paid.

Net trade in allowance N/A
Rebates is the $2175 and Amount form you paid in cash is also N/A.

2 Likes

Have you already taken delivery? If so this is all moot.