Payment $399M / $430 after tax
Money Due at signing - $2000
Rebate - $1000 Nissan
Loyalty - $1000
Term - 36 months
Mileage - 10k
MSD - They said they do not do that.
Maintenance - 3 Yrs Included
Charging Network - 1 Yr EVGo included. Suck it EA!

Lease Ending on my old car 2020 Kia Niro EV and wanted a Car with a 360 Camera

Got some Bids for the Kia Niro and all were equal or Under Payoff after tax. MMR was 1k under so it was looking grim. Also thought about the Used EV credit by buying it out, but Kia was wanting to CPO it first for a nice tidy sum of $1999. (And another dealer didn’t want to touch it)

Looked at

• Mercedes EQB 250+ Pinnacle
  • Volvo XC 40 Recharge Ultimate (Already have one)
  • Nissan ARIYA Evolve or Greater

Finally decided on the ARIYA, talked to a couple of Brokers, got some pricing and went to a dealer to test drive it.

Calc Link Sorta

So why say Sorta and Shenanigans?

My MSRP in the sticker is $52,270, but they used $51525 as MSRP to base RV off, this number does not include the Nissan addons of Floor Mats and Illuminated Kick Plates ($745). I called them out of this and they insisted it’s $51525 and somehow Nissan Backed out the options. I know the options are there as the kickplates light up at night but this confused me. Did I just get $745 in equity free? I’m expecting them to call me back in to reprice.

They then gave me $1605 in Equity for my Niro, but then jacked up the MF 1/2 pt to eat up $1500 of that equity. So did I get $105 in equity or $1605 in equity? (In fact, saved me my last payment and the trouble of grounding it) This is the classic steal trade in and hide profit, but there was no profit?

I open the trunk and find : (Undocumented in the sticker)

• Nissan All Weather mats $190
  • Nissan Wheel Locks $76
    So did I get another $266 in equity for free? Why leave this in the car

So I compute $1116 in free prizes to me due to their shenanigans.

So all in all I got it for less Monthly than the brokers were quoting me, but trying to make it match the Calculator was a terrible headache.

Things I like

• Digital Rearview Mirror - This is so nice, it’s able to catch the blind spots. (Separate camera)
  • The ride, the Merc was better but this works.
  • The Pano Sunroof
  • The 360 camera view which defaults to 360 and rear camera (The Volvo does not)
  • Heads up Display
  • The main display with it’s choice of 2 different view modes.
  • Center console that moves forward and back to put the shifter knob under your hand.
  • The secret cubby that pops out from under the radio and gives you a place to put greasy foods.

Things I HATE

• No Center console storage space.
  • Cleaning the fabric, it’s picking up dirt fast.
  • Finger prints on the black trim…yikes
  • Cannot find the buttons to move the tray without looking down. Bad design
  • E-Brake is in the weirdest spot.

And finally the digital mirror vs normal mode
It’s so scary I once saw a guy picking his nose back there in HD!

6 Likes

Before I read that Eric summary
Let’s see if you forgot the MSDs

Edit: you forgot the MSDs smh

look at me threat GIF

1 Like

I asked, they said no, and this deal was better than with MSDs for the brokers…not by much it was

1 Like

Well done
Just busting your balls
Where teh pictures at tho

1 Like

Pics tommorow…it’s dark out there…lol

I’m just on, if they give me money for my trade in and then take it away with an inflated MF, was it really equity? Eric might know…lol

1 Like

Pics added with the digital mirror in action.
No more blind spots!

1 Like

This is a really good deal. I’ve been emailing 5 dealers in so-cal. They’ve all gotten back to me but most of their quotes have been… not good. They won’t do a discount on the MSRP but will increase the RV and lower the MF.

Can you PM me the dealer info? Thanks.

Congrats on a very nice looking EV. I just noticed this for the first time, but the rear windows aren’t tinted from the factory on the Ariya. I thought all SUV/CUVs came with rear tint.

You are right! I need to get them tinted, my Niro and Kona came pretinted.

1 Like

For a lease, it actually works against you.

In this case if they would have kept the selling price and used the $52,270 MSRP, your residual would be close to $500 higher, which is now being rolled into your monthly payments.

Now that you’ve had it for a while, how do you like it? What kind of mi/kw are you getting?

avg 3 miles per KWH.

Love it mostly

• Really like the Digital Mirror
  • Don’t care for the roll back seat as you can’t open the door fully rolled back (my arms are short), and it’s harder to hit to pedal to start the car rolled back.
  • Really like the infotainment screen. It’s so much better than my Volvo and customizable.
  • Hate the lack of center console storage. (The secret cubby is a bit hard to use on a daily basis)
  • Hate the white seats as I’m too afraid to put my lunch on them.
  • 360 Cameras are incredible
  • Walk up and unlock ability is great, when not parked in my driveway (it’s annoying then)
  • Free EVGo makes me avoid the EA mess.
  • A fully tinted car is needed as it does heat up.
1 Like

The car is surprisingly well built and quiet, but the mi/kw kills me. Coming from a Bolt where we were getting 6-8, I struggle to get 3.5. I opted for the Engage model with the smallest battery and it’s been a challenge.