Gross cap cost $55,634

One time lease payment $17,122
Sales tax $240
Title $72
Predelivery service charge $799
Florida fees $66
Tag $149
Total $18,449 ($769/month)

My dad signed the above deal today, and I’m guessing it’s not a great deal but I’m just wondering if he at least did ok? He insisted on doing it on his own so I wasn’t able to assist in negotiation and say no to obvious things like paint, dent, and theft protection. From reading the forums a bit, I see that the E class doesn’t have great deals like BMWs and especially not a new model year 2020 but just curious if my dad did ok for what it is.

1 Like

Holy sh*t. They cleaned him out.

This would have been cheaper at MSRP without the crazy adds.

9 Likes

I would definitely remove all of those vehicle service contracts.

1 Like

This is a pretty abysmal deal. Not the worst ever, but those finance office add ons absolutely wrecked this deal.

I hope your dad enjoys the car in good health.

Edit: $1152 for prepaid maintenance is approaching criminal for a two year lease. 20k mikes would entail one A and one B service. Even at the craziest Benz dealer that isn’t $1152.

1 Like

At least you don’t need to worry about getting a ton of messages asking if it can be replicated

19 Likes

Isn’t ppm on Mercedes residualized?

Yeah…$100/mo before interest in arguably unnecessary stuff…wow.

1 Like

What is this?

Pre deliver service charge = doc fee/dealer fee

$66 could be lemon law, battery warranty, etc.

Ouch, so not a good deal, oh well : ). So Mercedes can mark up prepaid maintenance? I thought they just charge the actual cost up front? What is a reasonable fee for maintenance for 24 months/10k miles if not $1152?

At 24 months I wouldn’t even consider it.

You can just pay for maintenance when it’s due and it’ll save you more money.

1 Like

so many moniker changes, I wish mb would go back to the old system, from the e350 to e300 to e350 again :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t either. I’m just wondering how much he overpaid for prepaid maintenance?

Will you try to cancel them ?

Call an independent mechanic and get A and B quote. That’ll tell you.

Or an inheritance :+1:

3 Likes

One $50 oil change.

Luckily, that $1152 is fully refundable. Still a terrible deal even without it, but what’s done is done.

Curious: Did you find this site after the lease was signed and hence your question on how the numbers look? Genuine question.

At least you can circle back in 24 months when it’s time for a new one and do MUCH better.

No, I knew about the site but didn’t find out my dad is buying a new car until a few days before he was supposed to pick it up. I told him to at least get the lease quote by email before going into the dealership so I could post it here first, but he said he wanted the car now and, it’s fine, “they know me for 20 years now, I’ll negotiate at the dealer, I don’t care about a thousand dollars difference.” In the end, it’s his money and his choice right.

So this:
Appearance protection $499
Dent protection $449
Prepaid maintenance $1152
Theft protection $319
Adds up to $ 2,419 in what it seems is consensus here are unnecessary add ons. So if my dad had told them to remove those things, in theory the lease cost would have been $18449 - $2,419 = $16,030 or $668/month? So basically he paid $100/month more than he needed to?

No point in arguing with your dad now. Let him enjoy his new purchase. In the end $2000 is not worth the drama you’re about to start :wink:

2 Likes