Signed: Ioniq 5 SEL RWD 24M/12K One Pay $6931

Calling and emailing Bay Area dealers wasn’t getting much traction. I decided to change things up so I used cargurus to locate the oldest SEL RWDs in the Bay Area and contacted those dealerships about these specific cars.
One dealership had a black SEL that had been on their lot for about 188 days. The sales manager told me that particular stock number would qualify for an additional $1k aged inventory incentive. These are what the numbers look like:

MSRP $48970
Selling Price $46970
Incentives $10K + $1K aged inventory
Residual 72%
MF .00196
Calculator Link
Signed Link

Stevens Creek Hyundai also had a 180+ day black SEL. The salesman initially said $7500 on that one, saying they could not get to $7000. However, when I showed them the offer from the other dealer, they could suddenly beat it by $100. Since the original sales manager was straight up, I decided to go with them. Unfortunately, they no longer have any aged inventory stock, so there’s no way for them to replicate

Love the car, but a couple of minor pick up annoyances. There’s a small dent on the passenger side. When I pointed it out to them, they said I could come in on Monday and have their “dent guy” fix it. I work from home on Mondays, but the dealership is about 45 minutes away, so not too happy about that.

They also forgot to include the trunk mat that was listed on the window sticker. I didn’t realize till I got home.

9 Likes

Awesome deal!

This is an amazing deal, congrats! I’ve been trying to do the same for a Niro ev but haven’t had much luck. A few follow-up questions for you:

• Do all dealers honor an aged inventory discount? Is there a minimum number of days needed for the car to be on the lot? Do only Hyundai dealers accept this or Kia as well?

• how are you able to get the dealers to give you the numbers ( money factor, MSRP discount, incentives etc.) without going into the dealership? Most of the people I call aren’t ready to talk numbers till I come test drive.

• why did you prefer a single pay vs zero down? Does that give more room for dealers to give discounts?

Thanks, noob here, so appreciate the answers!

1 Like

What a deal! Thanks for sharing.

I’m trying to push for something similar but the dealers are holding fast at dramatically higher values in the SoCal area.

When you took the deal to them how did you do it and in what format? They are simply saying that the money factor ‘isn’t possible’ (yet evidently it is!).

• The sales manager told me the incentive only applies to cars 180+ days on the lot. I don’t know if it’s true or not, but I could not get a definitive answer on what qualifies through google searching. I have no idea if Kia offers the same incentive

• Took a lot of calling and emailing. Many dealerships were unresponsive or flakey. I think talking directly to the sales manager helped. I told them I wanted a 24m/12k lease with around $6500 one-pay since that is what I had seen reported here last month. They initially sent a quote sheet with $7693 on a different black SEL. That got the ball rolling to opening up some negotiations with other dealerships

• one-pay has a lower money factor, .0009 less to be exact

2 Likes

See previous response on how I initially approached the deal. I knew what the one-pay base MF was from posts here and the edmunds lease forum. I eventually got a quote from that sales manager that listed the MF

I hope these numbers will be possible with SoCal dealers towards end of this month. I almost signed the same deal with someone at SoCal earlier this month. But, I don’t think they will be capable of replicating such a deal for multiple customers. It’s all about being at the right dealership at the right time. Congrats OP on the deal.

Why did not not go through with it?

It seemed easier in SoCal at the end of last month from what people were posting. There was a SoCal dealer doing $5999 one-pay. I was debating if I would fly down to SoCal if the Bay Area dealers weren’t willing to deal.

Yeah, this is key

I was looking for the $6k one-pay deal. They were not willing to go lower than $6.9k. Thankfully the waiting helped me jump into the Lucid deal.

Where did you see the $6.9k? I am pitching a few dealers off against each other to see who wants the business the most.

Thank you for this information. Going in hot and will see what I can get.

The dealer info was mentioned in other discussion forums for Ioniq5 deals from last month. I have no idea on their status now as it all depends on their motivation.

Gotcha, thought you had the same deal but didn’t go through not $900 more

Clever! Good job!