SIGNED! Hyundai KONA EV 2021 limited, $220 DAS (~18k incentives!)

This community has helped me successfully leased 2 amazing deals the past 3 years and I can’t thank y’all enough for DPs and contributions.

I recently sold my Honda clarity for $3.9k positive equity, after paying a total of $7.7k for 3yrs lease ($1.2k per year!), and in a market for a full EV. NJ CHARGE UP rebate came out and I found this beauty. Long story short, I stuck to one dealership and made my one-and-final offer in person. I had a number in mind and I told them “this will be the easiest and quickest sale if you can do this for me.” And they did. Sales guy was extremely patient and professional. In and out in 2.5 hrs (got struck w a huge thunderstorm). Might be the best KONA deal so far on here. They got one left, dm me and i can share the dealer info. Happy hunting!

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: KONA 21 limited EV
MSRP: $ 43645
Selling Price: $41463 (5% off)
Monthly Payment: $ 220
Drive-Off Amount: $ 220
Months: 36
Annual Mileage:12k
MF: .0011
Residual:50%
Incentives: $17933 (10750 dealer, 5k NJ EV rebate, 5% off MSRP)
Region: NJ
Leasehackr Score: 17.6

Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

13 Likes

A dealer discount isn’t an incentive

1 Like

Congrats, now turn off the VESS before you go insane with the beeping and the hum during driving.

1 Like

Congratulations! New Jersey is killing it their EV incentives. Cali state credit is income based now, so a lot of people are out of luck.

Damn it, I just drove to Maxon the other day to look at that one. I guess you got it! :slight_smile:

It indeed was the last one on the lot. worth the trip during thunderstorm lol

I’m trying to wait for the 2022 Kona EV. I’ve been spoiled by the “highway driving assist” on my current vehicle, which has really made longer drives much easier. If they don’t come soon, though, it looks like I’m getting a Bolt EUV.

They do have at least a couple 2021 Kona EVs left at Hudson Hyundai near me but I have preferred buying from Maxon’s dealerships in the past.

1 Like

I definitely will miss the adaptive cruise control from my honda clarity. that feature was fun to play with for sure. If my lease didn’t end in 2 months I would’ve waited as well. I also like the more aggressive looks on the 2022. The team at maxon was awesome. I highly recommend them to anyone

2 Likes

I have a Clarity as well but can’t sell it to anyone (no 3rd party).

How did you sell your Clarity lease and make a profit ?

Honda cut 3rd party buyout on July 12th. I sold and signed on July 11th so I was in the clear. got my check 3 days ago

3 Likes

Congrats.

I’m in Delaware and had to go to Maryland to get an SEL two months ago. My deal, including the Delaware $2500 State EV rebate, was $200/mth with effectively $0 due at signing (although I’m still waiting for the State rebate).

I love the car - maybe the best I’ve ever had. Estimated range is up to 340 miles (I drive it like an old lady - no offense). The only feature it’s missing that I wish it had is adaptive cruise.

Enjoy your Limited!

1 Like

I would’ve sold my leaf lease in a heartbeat for a Kona EV Ultimate. NJ chose to stick with their MSRP “soft cap” (which I wrote essays to them about), and that just killed the deal for me. ACC is a must it’s for me (coming from a Leaf with ProPilot). Congrats on the new car! The deal on the Limited is pretty solid.

I’m also trying to get a deal on the Ultimate model. Find myself guilty of chasing deals instead of actually getting what I want. Also need ACC which is only in the higher trim.

Can you please share the dealer name. Thanks

they are sold out of Kona sorry. Maxon hyundai union

Excellent! Yeah, if you drive with Eco+ and Level 3 regenerative brake, the range is just unbelievable. And if you don’t need AC, then you save 20-30 miles alone