Signed Honda Accord Sport 2.0 good deal?

Where have you seen a 5 series loaner for less than $400/month with similar drive offs for 12k miles/year?

2 Likes

I did question the comparison between two different types of cars. My point was more along the lines of ‘that seems like a lot of money for an Accord/TLX.’ That’s why I suggested beater then 5 series. I will say that the 3 is not that small, though. Back seats are fine if you aren’t big/tall. Smaller than a mid-size sedan, sure, but you should consider something like a Grand Cherokee Laredo (or a minivan) if you really need space.

I meant that the prices are not far enough apart. Seems like OP is paying everything upfront… the DAS isn’t going to be as low, but with the same structure and most incentives, you can have a 530i loaner for just over $400/mo. With college grad and an OL code, you can do 36/12k for under $400/mo. Maybe not the fairest comparison, but it is possible.

They are.

All broker deals in the marketplace on 5 series loaners that were in that price range were with MSDs and for only 10k miles/year. They also included BMW loyalty.

It is not a fair comparison, since OP would need to qualify for a bunch of incentives on the beamer for it to come “close” payment-wise to the Accord.

How is this in the same class as an Accord?

Can you please provide a link to such a deal?

I’ve seen the pics and specs, but let just see how it is received by the market.

Take a look at the broker threads. The ones for that low are super base, though. Wouldn’t work for me since I’m used to live cockpit pro and other features, but a great deal of you don’t care about every little creature comfort. I got my $49,180 MSRP 330i for $377/mo including tax, not even everything upfront. The super base 530is are 51 and change. The incentives are higher on 5 series, too. Again, you’d have to qualify for all of them.

To clarify, I mean that’s how low the monthly gets (with 0 down). Significant DAS with MSDs, sure, but it’s far, far more car for not as far more money. It’s a ‘better deal’ for what you get is my point.

There is no need for apples to apples comparison as lease hacking requires some flexibility in order to get an awesome deal. We are all flexible in our needs just some do not want to compromise and it is OK as long they are ready to pay for this.

I just skimmed them the first 3 threads on the broker forum. Didn’t see any base 5-series loaners in the Northeast (or any 5-series loaners at all, actually).

Seems like nyclife has one at $398/mo. You can even add another 2k in incentives (college grad and OL code). Aronchi also has one at a lower discount.

College grad is a rare discount that u usually qualify just once in life and most manufactures have some form of college grad discount

Yes… At 10K mi/mo, not including tax, not incl broker fee, w/ $2400 drive off not including 7 MSDs (and, yes, you get the MSDs back but still have to front the $).

Not sure if the OP’s quote included tax, but, after adjusting for mileage, it’s a $100/mo difference (w/o taking the difference in DAS).

I get the flexibility part, however, one does not always need to compromise on a car/deal. I have seen enough threads where some folks focussed on the monthly instead on the car, and a few months into their lease hated the car.

Your discount off MSRP is at 6%. You should be between 10-12%. Honda dealers are a dime a dozen. Expand your search radius by reaching out to more dealers in your area.

Did you confirm the MF and RV on Edmunds? I hope you did not already sign this deal.