Signed - BMW X6 loaner . $469 . Taxes and fees upfront

My understand is that the warranty starts to run when the car is registered as a loaner. Check on carfax when that was done . Or just ask the dealer .

is this really an issue though in regards to warranty? it seems like the major luxury manufacturers have a 4 year 50k mile bumber to bumper warranty… in regards to maintanance…BMW stopped offering free maintenance anyway right?

On a lease it matters

why? most leases are 36-39 months at most…

Because again, if it’s sitting at the dealer for 4 mos as a demo the warranty has already started…We lose the 4 mos…

Bmw got 4 year / 50 000 miles warranty , so you should usually be fine unless it’s more then a year since dealership started using the car as a loaner or you’re planning on doing longer then 36month lease . I did 24 months because it was cheaper than 36 months , depending on the discount you get and how much incentives there is on the car . On the X6 I figured out that anything over around 15% discount it would be cheaper with 24 months than 36 months . And I like being able to switch the car again in 2 years . Although no guarantee that I’ll be able to get into a 72k car for less then 500 per month .

1 Like

That’s a super deal because I paid $100 more for my X6 lease. In March, a $500+ payment was the best that could be had …

I’m talking on a 36 mos lease

As long as you lease the car within one year they started registration (loaner), you’ll be in warranty.

How so on 36 mos?

see larsib’s post above. For example a dealer register a car as a loaner and clock starts ticking on
Jan 1, 2019. Warranty expires Jan 1. 2023 (technically day before). You lease the car this year on August 1 2019, you are obligated to return it on August 1, 2022. You are under warranty the whole time. If you lease the car next year, then you are out of warranty some part of your lease.

It’s been stated above. BMW warranty is 4 years, 50k miles.

Ahhh! From what I understood if I leased it the following August Id be losing those 7 mos of warranty within the lease term!

Yes I get it now see my previous post… so the bottom line is grabbing one within the first year it’s registered as a demo., it’s late here but I get it now lol thank you.

OP, last question, how does one go about finding residuals/mf on demo/loaner cars?

Depends on what make / model . Bmw uses same money factor for all cars . Residual you’ll find here or on Edmunds.com BMW X6 is 59% for 36 months , 65% for 24 months . Bmw Loaners have a reduction of residual value of $0.25 per mile driven , use the leasehackr calculator . if the car has 2000 miles on it , the residual value will be ((msrp x 65%)-(2000 x 0.25)) .

1 Like

thanks dude!

Just another example to illustrate how upside down the car market is right now . I sold “my” X6 to Rodo for about the same price as the effective selling price was when I leased the car 2.5 years ago . Now the car is for sale for more than the dealer sold it for back then… when will the madness end ?

3 Likes

What is your next car considering this market?

Already got a Land Rover Defender with the help of NYClife / Quentin O’Brien. Car at msrp , no money factor markup , combined with crazy high residual on the smaller engine made it a no brainer. Monthly payment of around 800 on a 72k SUV in this market is very good . Taxes and fees down , 10k miles , 33 month lease. Love the car , highly recommend contacting Quentin .

4 Likes