Signed BMW 440i GranCoupe $208+taxes @ Autonation

Very nicely done.

1 Like

Great deal, congrats!!

1 Like

That’s a sick deal, the kind that makes the sales manager angry. “I can’t believe that guy got this thing for $226 a month #@$&#=@+!”

6 Likes

The sandbox is the sandbox. You know they’d have no issue with the inverse and selling the car for 20% markup.

1 Like

And for every one at 20% off there’s 5 sold at MSRP with MF marked up. At least judging by swapalease.

4 Likes

And thank the leasing Gods for this! Otherwise, this board wouldn’t exist :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. This is a good reason why it is usually best to not talk payment when negotiating but rather negotiate all of the other criteria and then let the payment fall into place. If they sense that someone has an unrealistic goal, they won’t be taken seriously.

One other thing I have found is that, and this has happened a few times just in the past three or four months, once a deal gets to a certain point, you can lose it to somebody on the inside. I lost a 330e and a 4 series coupe to employees at the dealerships which I was negotiating for the cars. Once they put 2 and 2 together and saw how the deal was going, they grabbed it for themselves :-(. In the case of the 330, I was trying to get two of them at the same time, but was at least able to get 1. With the 4 series coupe, right after I received the initial lease sheet to sign,they flat out said, “sorry the car is sold” :slight_smile: I was somewhat friendly enough with the sales guy that he told me that an employee bought it after they saw the numbers on the sales managers desk.

4 Likes

Which just goes to show how the majority of sales associates have no idea how to calculate a lease payment themselves. SAD!!!

2 Likes

can you provide info?

Saw this one at peter pan, already 20% off. https://www.peterpanbmw.com/details-2019-bmw-4_series-440i_gran_coupe-used-wba4j5c57kbm66449.html?fbclid=IwAR3mxouXNuCUdWd0EefP2y5TgqtSZSl1_qaniC0YFwcoBxdmlUQn3c8Ly14

No it is not listed on any dealer site right now.

Ive has nothing but problems with Peter Pan, but it looks like they are finally discounting their loaners so that’s good news.

Loaners prob got put on their hit list and GM offering a spiff or allowing carte blanche to get it out the door.

Put me on that list. Great deal!

A question about MSD, did you bring it up to 7 when negotiate with dealer? Or does the dealer bring it up at the beginning. Thanks! Good deal!

They won’t bring it up with you.

In my experience negotiate a cash deal sales price first - then ask for a lease with all incentives, term, mileage and msds you want.

1 Like

“Cash” is not king when negotiating.

Negotiate sale price apart from incentives, then bring up lease (MF/APR), then dump the incentive stack on them.

Yes. That’s exactly what I was saying in essence

Negotiating cash price then asking for a lease after you get the discount you want. Then the negotiated cash price is used as the sales price for a lease. This is easier since it prevents a sales manager from factoring incentives into the sales price.

Then drop the incentive stack + MSD + acq waiver

At least in my experience this had the best results.

In your instance though, they will include purchase/finance incentives into the price. That’s why @Electric says, and I agree with, to negotiate a sales price before ANY incentives.

I know. I’m agreeing with you guys lol… Maybe I’m not using the right terminology so it’s lost in translation.

Yes sale price first
Yes incentives and deposits second

Negotiating a cash deal without incentives is a way to make sure this happens in this order since bmw does not have incentives for cash price- only finance/lease

Please remove the pink Autonation license plate holders. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Front plate should be removed altogether.