Signed! | Approved by Polestar - Canadian on US work visa

I wanted to share my experience with Polestar in case anyone is in the same situation I was in. I’m Canadian in the US on an O1 visa, I am self-employed. I tried every dealership and applied to foreign programs like Audi, Volkswagon, and Hyundai but none approved me due to being self-employed on my visa.

I called Polestar as a last resort not thinking I had a chance of being approved (was turned down by everyone else at that point and assumed it would be a similar experience as Tesla). I was approved within 20 minutes (they think my Canadian credit may have been ran because my US is still showing 0 on Experian). I picked up my new car 2 days later. The lease deals are pre-set and no negotiating which worked for me after going to so many dealers and having so many things fall through.

I worked with Michael at the Polestar Beverly Hills Location and he was incredible. I absolutely love my new car and am excited to build myself here in the US.

I just thought I’d share in case anyone is struggling with finding a lease and is on an O1, H1B visa, or T.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Congrats and post pics!

Congrats!!!

at what rate though?

Thank you so much!!! Here it is! The color is called Jupiter.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m very relieved and excited :slight_smile:

I leased a BMW 3 series 2 1/2 years ago on H1b and they only were willing to approve me if i put a heavy deposit down

if you don’t mind me asking what was your lease price and down payment? my 3 series is coming to an end and i am looking for a electric car next and polestar 2/4 are what i am looking for

Ahh yes, because of my self-employment I would have only been approved with a co-signer at anywhere I tried. I don’t have any family in the US (aside from Subaru which I was only approved for financing 6k down and $500 a month for 6 years for a base impreza). Even if I did a one pay lease I still needed a co-signer for everywhere else I tried. With Polestar I put $5,562.73 down (this is including taxes and fees) and my monthly payment is $401 per month. My lease term is 27 months. When I applied/“reserved” my vehicle they had a sliding scale calculator where you could adjust your down payment vs monthly payment.

2 Likes