Signed a lease, SUV not picked from dealer, MF went down and discount added - what are my choices to reduce lease rate

If it changed by over 100/month it’s likely more than just the programs changing. The other broker probably was offering a larger discount.

Anyways what’s with society lately thinking it’s cool not to honor agreements. Then again if the president is telling everyone they don’t have to pay their debts they agreed to then I guess why should you have to take a car.

4 Likes

I like pretty things :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the hidden paper that may have been signed. Oh well, the dealer will let me know.

I did not mention - not honoring. Trying to learn from the folks here what the options are or who to talk to or how to talk to them.

Looks like this discussion is getting political.

1 Like

Hopefully wasn’t hidden but won’t be your lease agreement itself, it will be something else (typically you’re signing a bunch of disclosures and agreements in addition to the retail lease contract).

You should have a copy of everything you signed already. If not (for the second time today), don’t let someone leave with a signed agreement that you don’t have a copy of.

2 Likes

I used to be in the iX is awful camp, but everybody kept saying it was better than EQE/EQS and etron. I drove all three and they are right.

It’s a really nice car to drive once you get over the appearance.

2 Likes

I have a feeling this car/contract was backdated to June 30th in order to make quarterly goals. They may have you sign for July #’s if it wasn’t a make or break deal OR tell you to take a hike depending on that dealer’s state specific cooling off period.

1 Like

In NJ you sign a release saying you’ve waived your right to take an unsigned copy of the contract home to review over 24 hrs before signing it.

1 Like

Pradeep let’s get coffee? I want to meet the guy who voluntarily leased an iX at June prices.

8 Likes

what’s your broker saying about all of this? Just curious.

Honestly man would like to hear an update on this.

1 Like

Thanks for on the dot and friendly tone answer. Appreciate everyone’s input.

1 Like

If you haven’t picked up the car yet. You can just walk away. They cannot enforce the contract if you never picked up the car. In this scenario all you would lose is your broker fee.
However I would call the dealership and tell them you are still interested but would like to resign the car at the July programs. If they do not agree walk and tell them to pound sand.
Hopefully your broker can help you out and renegotiate the deal at July terms that way everyone is happy.

1 Like

Who was the broker?

How did or didn’t the broker try to make this right for you? If I was paying for a broker, my expectation would be that they had my best interests top of mind, definitely ahead of the dealer’s.

1 Like

Compare and contrast

1 Like

OP.

Not sure what kinda deal you got or who your broker is but perhaps offer to pay for the notary to re-send the new contract docs back and forth if you haven’t already taken delivery.

Assuming you still want the car.

This is why I do not allow people to hold a deal after the month end. Imagine explaining to the GM that a broker you work with has a deal that wants to unwind! That’s a great way for the broker to be fired from the store!

6 Likes

given that the lease was signed, there’s not much a broker could do.

i had a great client pick up a c40 the morning when we got the $5k lease cash on them in April. He missed $5k by a few hours. There wasn’t anything I could do.

3 Likes

Lmao that’s rough!

1 Like

We’re not arguing that there’s no recourse if the car is already picked up. These things happen. :man_shrugging:

If there was, I’d love to re-do my iX deal using todays terms and save $200/mo. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like