Signed! 2024 XC90 T8 Plus Recharge $588+tax, $1,600 DAS, 0 MSDs, MSRP ~$76K

After not being able to work out a great deal with a broker on the site, I decided to explore dealerships in the Midwest. To my surprise, I secured a decent deal today on a new demo 2024 XC90 T8 Recharge Plus with approximately 1,100 miles.

MSRP: $75,865
Sale price: $66,397.50 (12.5% off)

Rebates:
EV credit = $7,500
Costco = $1,000
Loyalty = $1,000
Affinity = $500
Volvo lease cash = $1,750
Total rebates = $11,750

MSDs = 0
~$1,600 due at signing (includes first month’s payment)

MF: 0.00342
63% residual

Lease terms: 36 months | 10k miles

Calculator: CLICK HERE

$588 per month pre-tax ($628 per month with 7% tax)

dealership fees were slightly different

8 Likes

Good deal, congrats.

Not dealership, Volvo lease cash.

1 Like

Gotcha! Thank you for clarifying, @Ursus

:eyes: killer deal, id be in the market for this come December. may have to do some midwest hacking as nothing comes close in NJ.

Thanks! I was able to get out of my xc60 lease (volvo pull ahead program) and jump into something larger. I’m happy with that decision :smiling_face:

3 Likes

If the same incentives and discounts are there with same MSRP, I think this should be doable in NJ but that’s the challenging part, replicating the details.

The OPs effective cost is $681 per month not $628. Great deal nonetheless.

My effective cost is much less than $681 per month. After taxes, it’s $628. I paid the first month upfront with a $950 down payment. Not sure where the $681 is coming from… but regardless it’s still a good deal.

I’m wondering how much the demo played into the discount you got off the top. Also Midwest here and so far the best offer I’ve got is ~$2K off the MSRP (of a new one with 0 miles) less all the boatload of incentives right now. I’m actually looking to shift this to an immediate buyout to capture the incentives and hold the car for ~5 years but would still be nice to get a lower buyout.

I initially asked about a brand new XC90 with 0 miles but opted for the demo model instead, knowing I could get a better deal off the MSRP. The dealership had plenty of inventory and seemed eager to move some cars off the lot.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-Topic Landfill 6

It was from the calculator after inputting your tax rate. It looks like incentives are not taxed in Indiana but you had them as taxed so effective would be $654 (you have to consider the $950 you put down over the 36 months which is $26/month).

Not trying to argue, I was just highlighting the true cost for the other guy in NJ (where incentives are taxed so if he were to replicate everything his cost would be $681 or so).

2 Likes

Gotcha! I understand now… to replicate the deal in New Jersey.

the sweet spot is that OP didnt have to spend MSD’s to get to the low 600s price on this SUV. All the deals for this car I see being advertised require full MSD out of pocket in NJ.

1 Like

You’re looking at advertised deals instead of making offers yourself. The OP reached out himself and that’s what you are going to have to do. Remember you need to be able to replicate all his incentives as well as his MSRP which I think is $2K lower than what brokers on this site are offering for T8s. If the car you’re looking at is higher MSRP, then that will impact the monthly. The discount he got on a loaner is doable (if you don’t have all the incentive maybe shoot a little higher on discount, can’t hurt to ask in December).

Northeast and NJ has the most Volvo dealers within 1-2.5 hours drive so reach out to multiple dealers when the time comes.

1 Like

@JSmith because nj has most dealers doesn’t mean they will bring the value. Sometimes dealers outside NJ need to make their numbers and will end up with better deals. That’s what I’ve seen with Kia. People going out to the middle of the country to get deals that can’t be had in North East. That’s the case here. The deal is no msd low 6s. I haven’t seen one dealer broker advertising that. I get it deals for cars require some haggling and brokering. Look at my signed profile.