Signed! 2024 Volvo XC90 T8 Plus | $76,600 MSRP | 24/7.5k | $483/mo plus tax | $2,095 DAS + 10 MSDs

, , , ,

I had just about given up on finding an XC90 T8 at a price I could justify including VA sales tax, but last week, I saw one listed locally in my first-choice color combination and was able to sign this deal on 12/29. I didn’t have loyalty, but the added lease cash in the mid-Atlantic region and relatively low doc fee partially offset the VA sales tax. We took the car on a short road trip after picking it up and are loving it so far. The built-in Google infotainment is a huge improvement over the old Sensus system, and our almost-5-year-old is thrilled with his built-in booster seat.

I need to think through whether to keep this as a lease or do an immediate buyout to capture the rebates and avoid the high interest rate. This is the lease deal:

2024 Volvo XC90 T8 7-passenger
Denim Blue/Blonde
HK audio, 21" wheels, and $200 of other accessories

$76,600 MSRP
$65,823 sales price listed on contract (14.07%; $69,823, or 9.5% off, before $3,500 lease cash)
$7,500 EV rebate
$1,000 Costco rebate
$995 acquisition fee
$499 dealer doc fee
$373 title, license, reg. etc.
0.00415 MF
10x MSDs to lower MF to .00365
24/7.5k Term
73% residual

$483/mo. ($595 with VA tax on full purchase price rolled in)
$2,095 DAS (first month + acquisition fee + some of the tags/reg fees)
10 MSDs ($6,000)

Calculator without tax
Calculator with tax

11 Likes

nice discount for a VA dealer

1 Like

It was actually MD. I didn’t have any luck with the VA dealers I contacted.

Good deal.

1 Like

Congrats. FYI: MD dealers should charge actual VA registration/title/plates, which is around $100-150.

1 Like

Thanks! On my last couple of MD purchases/leases, dealers have charged more than the actual VA fees but have sent me a check for the difference a few weeks later.

Great deal

1 Like

Great deal. Wish I could have gotten this in Ca last month. I was having a pretty hard time getting anything below 1k per month

1 Like

Sounds like a great deal!

Which EV rebate are you getting? I didn’t think the XC 90 recharge qualified. Is it still available?

I’m in CA if that matters

It doesn’t qualify for a purchase, but VCFS is able to claim the $7,500 EV rebate on a lease and passes it along to the lessee. Unfortunately, it looks like January programs are worse than the December programs (lower residuals, less lease cash), so the XC90 T8 will be more expensive to lease this month.

I haven’t seen the xc90 on the list of eligible EVs here.

The 2024 list also does not include the xc90.

Am I looking at the wrong list?

That’s for individual purchases. The IRA’s requirements for assembly location, battery sourcing, etc. don’t apply to leases because the leasing company buys the vehicle. The leasing company gets to claim the credit and can choose to pass it along as lease cash.

1 Like

Great deal and thanks for laying out the numbers in an easy to follow way!

2 Likes

Great job! Enjoy your new ride!

1 Like