Signed - 2024 Volvo XC90 B6 Plus | MSRP $67,415 | 36/10K | $650 inc tax | DAS $650 + $7000 MSD

Just signed on this today in Atlanta. I was looking for 36/10 terms. Here are the details:

MSRP $67,415
Selling Price before Incentives ~$58000 (discount of 13.97%), however dealer fee was $899 and a $599 auto paint product was added.
Incentives: 7500 - 4000 Lease Cash, 2000 Loyalty bonus, 1000 Costco, 500 Affinity bonus.
Residual 56% - $37,752
MF was bumped by .00020 so after 10 MSD’s effective MF was 0.00165

I came close to the numbers in the calculator, however I think the tax calculation at the dealership might be a little bit more, I believe I should have 7% tax rate, but they seemed to have used 8.5%, I’ll call and confirm tomorrow. Seemed like a decent deal for me, since I had to do a lease pull up and I didn’t want to drive to NE states to get a deal from other dealerships. My 2020 XC90 was @ $600 a month for a ~$63k car, and this one is about $4500 more and the interests rates are also up.

1 Like

Should’ve done 24 months for 15% higher RV.

Oh man that’s rough. I just adjusted the calc for 24 and it looks so much better.

2 Likes

Yeah, even when considering inception fees, not sure why anyone would do a 36-month lease on these. The savings are massive on a 24-month lease.

1 Like

I do see that, but I don’t think I have the energy to do this just 2 years later. I might buy a EX90 when this lease is up.

I get that, but your energy wasn’t worth $5,000 over 2 years?

4 Likes

You could order EX90 2 months before lease end and extend 24 to at least 27 with the order. Or if EX90 is delayed, even longer.

I see your point, but the way we arrived on those numbers, I don’t know if they would have been willing to change it. I should have asked for a 24/10 quote too, that was a mistake in hind sight. Remember this was done without a broker, so it wasn’t an easy negotiation anyway. Live and learn I guess.

1 Like

I’m hoping that they would have a 2nd or maybe 3rd gen by then and if there were any outright issues in the first gen, they are resolved.

Almost 14% discount before incentives is insane. Not like some dealerships I talked to that claimed the $4,500 didn’t exist and it was theirs. Not to bother you with the 24 months just like everybody else, BUT, your deposit would’ve dropped considerably.
Dealerships seem to reason in terms of monthly payments as a proportion of the MSRP. If they see an MSRP of 67k with 8% discount at $450 a month they claim it’s ridiculous and they will pull back on the discount. With you, they might have felt that $650 was a great deal for the $67k MSRP, even though the discount was 14%
Congratulations on the deal and enjoy the amazing car!

2 Likes

Pictures!! I had 3 XC90’s from 2016-2022, one of my favorite SUVs. That discount is insane.

1 Like

CONGRATS! Just signed a lease on and B5 Bright Plus XC90 last week myself. Regardless of the particulars of payments etc, the car is great and I love it. Seems like Volvo wants repeat business and I have come to the realization that cars are essentially an expensive subscription service so will just re-up every 2 years. Similar hopes about the EV version.

3 Likes

Thank you guys! Indeed I think the discount and then adding the incentives on top, it’s almost a 25% overall which I feel is insane on a brand new ‘24. This is also my 3rd Volvo lease. Preceded first by a 2017 S90 and then a 2020 XC90. I have had two BMWs (2010 335i xDrive & a 2013 535i xDrive) before that. Both of them I liked but I felt the Volvos having some amazing value in comparison. Definitely a brand I have been enjoying, obviously :slight_smile:

A little earlier I tried to look into the deals from Autocomapnion. But I had to either drive 13-14 hrs for a lease pull or keep two cars for a few months with a $800 delivery. So I baked those numbers in ($600 brokerage + $800 delivery) and then what I was getting, I’m satisfied with this anyway. It’s a lovely car, decent quality of life improvements from the 2020 model. Here is my last XC90 (on the day it was leased).

7 Likes

Hey, the car looks really cool/good. Do you know if the deal is still open at Volvo? Did you get it from NJ?

Can you share which dealership? I am also in Atlanta looking at one

1 Like