Signed - 2024 MB GLE 450E PHEV

I just picked up my new MB GLE 450E PHEV yesterday. Thanks to everyone on this forum for your valuable advice, suggestions, and best practices. A special thank you to @derekoh1991 for helping me run some scenarios and for educating my salesperson on the 13 month lease option.

MSRP: $77,500
$5750 trade in (2011 Acura MDX with 115k miles)
$500 AMEX
$7500 PHEV lease credit
$1500 in additional dealer discounts

I put $11k down, with the intention of purchasing it after the lease is over. I am doing a 13 month lease (0.0038 MF) with a $706.55 monthly payment. My residual is $52,584.40. I added a weather and wear protectant on the interior and exterior of the car ($1700), which increased the final cost slightly.

I custom built my car since the ones on the lots didn’t have the specs I wanted. I ordered the car in October and was given a Jan 3 production start date but they delivered the car to the dealership on Jan 4 so it was quicker than anticipated.

LH is the best! Thank you all!

4 Likes

Congratulations!!!

So you put 11k DAS and $5750 trade in? That’s almost $2000/mo effective payment.

2 Likes

The heart wants what it wants. OP ignored every advise to lease and immediate buyout.

6 Likes

Refinance/buyout as soon as possible while you can still access new car loan APRs from some lenders.

1 Like

Yeah, hoepfully @evitawylie will also make a call into MBFS and confirm what happens if the vehicle needs to evoke the gap waiver should it encounter a total loss situation. That down payment could be at risk; which would entice someone to buy out the lease sooner.

And cancel that

before buyout. But you know, she won’t do any of it. Because

4 Likes

In reading this and doing some quick math, if your intent is to purchase what is the point of the 13 month lease?

1 Like

That MF is atrocious. Buy it out sooner. Rates on used vehicles is worse.

That 1700 on protectant is wasted.

2 Likes

Yikes. No matter your intentions, you still put a lot down.

Maybe I am missing something here, but why didn’t just get the gas-powered 450? Wouldn’t that have been financially beneficial?

I assume the 13 month lease is in order to get the $7500 PHEV credit that is only available through leasing

1 Like

Thank you for you service ….enjoy the car !

2 Likes

Congrats. Why a PHEV at that price? That’s insanely expensive for a 4 cylinder whose value will tank incredibly quickly vs a GLE580. You’ll never makes up the gas savings with the value plummeting as battery technology improves and electrical parts fail over the years. With almost a 2k monthly payment I’d personally prefer a real V8

2 Likes

OP ignores every advice that will save him thousands of $$$.
I appreciate OP for making EQS deals better

3 Likes

Congrats Derek for the down payment on his boat

1 Like

Woof.

This is the unicorn, but like the other way round.

3 Likes

lol hmmmm can we throw this into worst deals thread

Hey, at least she won’t get beat up by the dealer’s goons when he sobers up! How are those ribs healing up?

1 Like

6-8 weeks! Fml lol

That either means 6-8 weeks of no new leases… or you’ll have more free time which means 6-8 more new leases.