SIGNED! 2023 Volvo XC90 T8 Plus Recharge 7P | MSRP $78915 | $765/mo tax inc | DAS $2000 + $8000 MSD | 24/10k

Feel like I did pretty good with this one given Bay area dynamics. Was torn between buying out the lease for our 2020 Audi SQ5 and getting something new. Started looking at the XC90 after seeing other forum posts and incentives for the month. After wife and I test drove the B6 we agreed it’d only make sense to consider the T8 because “green-er” from the plug-in (my avg mpg on the SQ5 over 22K miles was 17) and more power (455 hp helps offset the weight of this monster). Coming from sports-cars and performance SUVs the B6 had me wanting a bit more.

Deal details:
MSRP: $78,915
Pre-incentive discount: 9.4%
Incentives: $11,750 (pHEV credit, dealer lease cash, employee discount, Conquest)
Money Factor: .00307 - marked up only a tiny bit (+10 basis points)
Security deposits: $8K
DAS: $2K
Dealer Add-on: $800 for scratch and dent but i’m thinking to take this off and should have 30 days to do so
Overall: Without scratch and dent the monthly is $667 pre-tax with $2K DAS

No other NorCal dealers would come close to this pre-incentive discount. It also ended up sweeter than we initially negotiated because the dealer offered to cover off my remaining lease obligation on the SQ5 (Dispo fee + last month’s payment). They couldn’t get the trade to work on the Audi so they just took an additional $1K off the selling price and let me handle myself (after which i took to another Audi dealer that bought out my remaining lease obligation).

Calculator Link

2 Likes

Was this a new car, no mileage?m
We had a similar deal lined up a couple days ago, but with a higher monthly. Trying to figure out how you got in lower (lower MF and higher down too).

Year: 2023
Model: XC90 Recharge AWD, T8 7-seater
MSRP: $79,340
Mileage (retired loaner): 7,800

Discount offered: $18,000
Adjusted Price: $61,340

• doc fee, tax, non tax fees: $63,751

Money factor: 0.00241
Cash down scenarios:

• $4k, $746/month
  • $5k, $701/month

Yea, it’s a new car and that’s the diff. For Volvo loaners they reduce residual based on # of miles. The rate is somewhere on the forum if you search. You have a slightly lower discount but with a much lower residual. I think this is particularly unfavorable for the high mileage loaners.

2 Likes

I’m super new to leasing and Volvo. How did you get $18k in incentives? I know about the $7500 ev credit, but what else?

Did you read his post? Answer is there

I did. But what re “pre-incentive discounts”? Is this just a negotiated deal off of msrp? Pardon my ignorance but in today’s sales climate I’m just surprised you can get that. On some other cars I’m shopping g they are goi g for above msrp…