Signed - 2023 Volvo XC60 - B5 Ultimate - Bright Theme

Not the best deal but given this was done in one day for a family member who had already committed to signing at the dealership the day prior for substantially higher with no loyalty/a plan etc…, I think I did ok. I also understand if this was signed prior to Costco Volvo deal expiring, the deal would have been slightly better.

Car: 2023 Volvo XC60 B5 - Ultimate - Bright Theme

Term: 36 Months
Miles Allowed: 15k per year

MSRP: $62,885
Discount: $4,080 (6.49%)
Selling Price: $58,805

Tax: 7%
Residual value: 55%
Money Factor: 0.00163
Incentives: Lease Cash ($2,000)

Monthly Payment: $937 ($0 Due at Signing)
Effective Monthly Payment: $924
LH Score: 6.1 years

1 Like

I’d have financed it instead at that payment but hopefully it works out.

2 Likes

Agreed, 34k over three years,… you’d likely be better off purchasing.

Couldn’t my family member just buy the car at end of the lease? Finance rate I believe was over 7% which didn’t make sense compared to the lease rate 3.9%

Just leave them alone. You’re just enabling them by shaving off whatever you could from one of the worst deals in memory.

Let them either be happy with their own negotiating skills or regret it enough to do it properly next time.

10 Likes

You dont have to use their financing…

5 Likes

Congratulations and enjoy. If they don’t already have a mobile curb rash person in their life, it’s not too early to find one for those :athletic_shoe:

1 Like

You can find a credit union with auto loans for about 5% interest or less to refinance.

MSRP $62,885 with payments of $924/month is no bueno! Some cars do not lease well and better to buy in the long run.

1 Like

$1000/ Month for an XC60?! :see_no_evil:

11 Likes

true, but given the time frame did not have time to source one. They really wanted the car right away unfortunately. The best I’ve seen was 5.5% with Penfed and the turnaround time was longer than what they were willing to wait.

:slight_smile: 924 obviously not a leasehacker deal but at the end of the day the monthly payment isn’t an issue for them. They really wanted the XC60 and not any other cars :confused:

Specifically the most expensive B5 imaginable? :grimacing: This is more than my target Recharge build.

5 Likes

Volvo pricing is nasty now. They made the cars more expensive and equipped them less as well. My 23 with a 56k sticker has no HUD while the 21 with a 52k sticker has HUD

1 Like

I was still shopping for one at the end of 2022, specifically zeroed in on the small number of B6s whose MSRP wasn’t even this high.

Yes prices have gone up, but some dealers are stuck with builds that are stuffed-full.

No big deal: OP’s family is happy, the dealership staff are very happy, another Volvo is burning gas. Everyone wins, except the lessee’s wallet.

2 Likes

Yup, I get it. When someone wants something and money is not an issue, this is what happens hah.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know a XC60 could get up to $63k -____-

3 Likes

21 xc60 inscriptions w HUD were all around 59k.

oh i had a t5 momentum.

then 53-54ish.

Holy shit :face_with_diagonal_mouth: Am I too late?

2 Likes