SIGNED - 2023 Volkswagen Taos SEL - $454/mo, $470 DAS (NY)

Hi all, didn’t see many Taos data points when I was shopping so figured I’d add one. This is not a crazy deal or anything but as a casual consumer with minimal free time to spend at the dealership, I’m happy with where I landed on it. Hope the info helps anyone who comes searching in the future months.

Coming from a leased Mazda CX-5 Carbon Edition (Turbo, AWD) with red leather interior which I loved, but which had a lot of equity locked up due to current market and low mileage (12k over 2yrs). Have big expenses coming up so my main motivator to sign a new lease early was getting a good trade in amount that the dealership could stuff into my pockets. Dealer gave me $30k which is $5350 above my buyout, when most other places were offering 26-28k at most, and this is despite a bunch of minor-mild damage that I’d accumulated. So all in all, I was pretty happy.

Vehicle: 2023 Volkswagen Taos SEL 4Motion
MSRP: $36,435
Selling Price: $34,100 (6.4% off)
Monthly Payment: $454 ($465 effective)
Term: 10k, 39mo
MF: 0.00144 (lowest avail at time, no MSDs)
RV: 59%
DAS: $470 (1st month payment plus ~$15, from a last minute thing I didn’t bother to clean up)
Incentives: $500 recent graduate credit, applied as cap cost reduction
Freebies: all weather mats, obviously
Trade: $30k for my prior lease, minus buyout = check in hand for $5,350
LH score = 7.1

For whatever reason, the “Signed” page autogenerated effective monthly and LH score differ from those on the LH calculator. From what I can tell, the calculator is the one that is actually accurate so I’ve linked that first.

LH Calculator link

SIGNED link

10 Likes

Thanks for detailed report and signed submission. Looks great in white. Congrats and enjoy your ride!

4 Likes