Signed: 2023 Taos SE - $354/mo, $3k DAS TX

Subaru didn’t want to make a deal with me so I went with the 2023 VW Taos SE instead. I will post pics tomorrow. I finally found a dealer who was willing to work with me and remove unnecessary add ons… I was able to get the Taos with tint, all weather matts and trunk liner, and the black accent package at no extra cost. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

$441 effective for a Taos - I don’t know how I feel about this

1 Like

Congrats on the new ride!

1 Like

It isn’t the base model for $24k and the sales tax is 9.45%… I feel great! Someone just leased the SEL with $0 for $470/mo. I’d say $440 for a $31k car isn’t bad given the current market/economic conditions.

Thank you! They packed a lot of tech into it.

The taxes on the calculator are wrong if this is Texas.

sale was in TX, I am in LA. Payment would’ve been less if I was in TX

Please update the thread tags to include LA.

2 Likes

Congrats on car. Todays market is getting better. Depends on manufacturer. I see many leaving bmw and mercedes with somilar payment for $45k + cars lately. I like the taos enjoy!

2 Likes

Thank you! Would you be able to show me someone who bought a BMW or Mercedes SUV/Crossover for less than what I am paying? I find that very difficult to find true. Not saying you’re not right, but I’d be surprised. Sure, maybe a base 2 series or an A class coupe/sedan, but no larger vehicle.

Is 3% off hard to get on these?

but no larger vehicle

Here is an EQS for around the same effective price as yours but getting these is a lot more work than a Taos.

Not an SUV/crossover and good luck finding that where I live with such a low median household income. The dealer would definitely sell the car to those who can afford it locally for sticker plus a markup.

Additionally, not a fan of electric and the insurance on a $100k car would be waaay more than my little Taos. Again, I appreciate the suggestions but I’d like to enjoy what I just leased.

Not sure, I wasn’t able to find any dealer except one who was willing to work with me. I worked with dealers from Alabama through Dallas

It’s more about brand choosing, just like Mitsubishi or Nissan, those dealers will rip off you so badly (Unless you can get a nissan dealer from broker here, they are pretty decent for sure). If VW is the only brand you like then this is pretty good deal for you.

Closed at OP’s request.