Signed - 2023 Nissan Pathfinder SL AWD $46k MSRP - $391/mo effective (w/one-pay + MSD's) - MA

Yep already spoke to a few they don’t have the combo I’m looking for in stock right now. Might have to wait until next month.

Great deal. My local dealer advertising the same on their web ad except with $5k extra DAS. In NY.

1 Like

Picked up “the Beast” last night. Had some slushy conditions for the first commute this morning. Drove like a champ. Enjoyed the heating steering wheel amenity for the first time. :partying_face:

Parking far away from everybody else! :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

Is this the Gunmetal color?

You didn’t happen to get this from Route 9 Nissan, did you?

MA here also, I’ll share my “deal” shortly…

Hi, yes it is the Gun Metallic color. I did not go to/visit Route 9 Nissan.

Ah!

I was going to joke with you, that you stole my car. I really really like that color. But I was having a hard time getting my hands on one.

This is my deal:

Another Nissan Pathfinder SL MA Deal

I ended up with a Silver.

I didn’t do MSD’s like you did. Not sure if they marked up my money factor—the only way I could get the calculator figures to line up, was to increase the money factor a little. Happy to get some feedback from you (or anyone else) if I made any mistakes there…

Looks like you got a great deal too! I was thinking about the hitch option as well. Too bad that’s not a standard feature. Given the V6 and towing capability, it seems like it should be!

I believe the money factor thru NMAC this month is .00339. The one-pay gets it down to .00286. In my case, MSD’s get it down further to .00196.

Thanks!

It looks like we might both be in the market again in another 18 months. I have no plans to buy this vehicle (with that super high residual) when the lease is up.

If you are still in Mass, I must remember to see what you are up to when that time comes!

1 Like

Hopefully NMAC will remain accommodating with extensions for those who wish to

1 Like

Gimme gimme gimme 6 more! How bout 12 more ?!??

I Hope Please GIF

Got a black Pathfinder SL yesterday on a very similar deal, minus the MSD’s. Absolutely loving it so far. So much car for the money.

1 Like

Whoever wrote the legislation on what’s required to be disclosed on a lease contract screwed up by not requiring the MF to be explicitly stated.

But it’s easy enough to calculate the MF from the numbers on the contract.

MF = (rent charge) / ((adj. cap. cost + residual) * months)

On the NMAC contract these are found at:
5c - adj. cap. cost
5d - residual
5f - rent charge
9 - months

1 Like

Interesting adjustment. Dealership called me last night letting me know that NMAC kicked backed the paperwork because too much of a MSD was collected ($4,950) and needed correction by month end. We (re)e-signed some docs so that the new number for the MSDs is $2,700. So they’ll be cutting a $2,250 check back to me. Sweet!

That’s a great formula to have…thanks for sharing!

Working backwards (using this formula), the money factor worked out to exactly what I had manually “guessed” in the calculator. Math really does not lie! :exploding_head:

I’ll update my post, so as not the confuse things here…

I would like to know more about lease extensions.

Are they something discretionary (like NMAC decides if they will/will not do it). Or is it a standard option that is available?

Can you request this extension at any time during the lease? Or does this option become available only towards the end of the lease?

I was going into this 18 month lease with the plan/intention of asking for that 6 month extension. But based on your comment, I am now wondering if I am banking of something that is not certain. And I am wondering if now is too early to start looking into it, or if I should wait.

Any insight (from you or anyone else) appreciated. (I have done many leases in the past, but I have never done a lease extension).

It’s at the discretion of the lessor (NMAC in this case).

Ask towards the end

1 Like

I recently extended a lease w/Chase Bank (for a Mazda vehicle) towards the end of the original 36 month term. It was very straightforward & easy for a 6 month extension. The monthly payments remained the same and the residual also came down too (by more than additional payments which is crazy?!). For my other car, a Hyundai w/Hyundai Finance, I have to wait until the last month of the original term to make the request. Actually have to make that call this week as I have 2 weeks left on that car. Clearly, I’m not too worried they’ll grant an extension :grimacing:

As for my new Nissan w/NMAC on an 18-month lease, the dealership said that NMAC always grants extensions. He said up to a year. I asked if there’s anything written about that and he said that there wasn’t. I did some googling about that and it seems like 6 months is more common. Some said during the height of the pandemic, it was reduced to 2-3 months. YMMV it seems. But I agree, wait towards the end of the initial 18 month lease period.

1 Like

Thanks…sounds good!

18 months is just way too short. 24 months or 30 months would be the sweet spot on this for me.

(Anecdotal / Not related Story: I had an 18 months lease on an Infiniti GX37 that I got into for $199 a month (thanks to here). Anyone remember that? – This was back when they were trying to time that 18 month lease to end, when the Q50 was going to be released. That was a fun car…didn’t want to loose it after such a short time. I didn’t even have an account here then…maybe I was lurking then? So many great leases thanks to here).

Couple clarifications here:

1. Policies across different lessors should not be conflated. For example, NMAC does not reduce the RV/payoff with extensions even though Chase does.

2. Dealers should not be relied on for information regarding lessors. Often they’ll just tell you what you want to hear to get the deal done. If someone relies on this information and it turns out to be incorrect, then they’re SOL.

4 Likes

Interesting little nugget of new information now that I’ve leased the car and have an online account w/NMAC. Since I did a one-pay lease, as expected, I don’t have any payments due thru lease maturity in 18 months. However, my account is showing that the next amount due 18 months from now is $195. This amount is equal to 1/18th of my contracted Total Lease Payment. Presumably this would be the monthly amount due during any future lease extension. Great to know this info so soon. Surely makes this an even better leased deal presuming I end up extending at the end.

2 Likes