Monthly Pmt: $499 incl tax
Due at Signing: $499 (1st pmt)

Months: 18
Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00339
Residual: 89%
Region: Southeast
Score: 9.3

Sharing as a data point for others. Pretty straightforward deal. Found two dealers willing to do this, while others were quoting as high as $850/mo :roll_eyes:

Calculator:

12 Likes

This is such a great deal. I am also planing to get 2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum AWD for 18/10 but no one is budging below $620. Any trick ?

1 Like

Instead of asking them how much they want you to pay, work out what it should cost for your situation based on reasonable discount amounts. Depending on state, $620 could be totally reasonable or way overpriced.

1 Like

Are you also in KY? Have you looked at the OP’s calculator and plugged in your appropriate fees and taxes? If so, whatever that payment is, email every nissan dealer within 25 miles saying “I want to pay $xxx per month for 18/10 with only first month due at signing.” If none of them bite, move to 50 miles radius, and so on.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at the OP’s calculator. I am based out of NJ. I will change the state and see how much it comes.

So it’s $502 for NJ with 6.6 % tax.

1 Like

me, too.
NJ is 6.625%, BUT there is a surcharge for vehicles over $45k. Given the discount vs RV, that shouldn’t amount to much more than a few bucks. You also have to plug in a few hundred for the gov fee, BUT you should be looking for a lower dealer doc fee. I threw $499 into the calculator. All in all, it came to $510 (also have to click the button that taxes are assessed up front, then roll those into the lease).

In NJ, I’d say if you can get to $525 and stay in state, you’ve done a good job. But maybe try eastern PA. I usually do better there due in part to lower dealer fee.

1 Like

Thank you so much for providing me with this detailed information about the taxes and fees associated with leasing a vehicle in NJ. Your breakdown of the costs and tips on how to minimize them is greatly appreciated. Your assistance has made it much easier for me to plan and budget for the lease. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

Very solid deal!

So what was the negotiation process like? How did you get from point A ($850/mo offers) to point B (your final deal).

You are not obligated to share (of course), but it benefits other members to know the backstory of what it really takes to get a good deal…and how to get there.

You can substantially reduce the MF and thus the total cost of the lease with one-pay and MSD.

2 Likes

It ain’t much lower in PA anymore. On January 12, 2023, the maximum allowable documentary fee increased to $374 for processing title work manually and $449 for processing title work online.

Yup. Just depends on what the dealers here choose to charge and if that processing fee applies. I’ve had some in PA charge it and some not. Go figure.

can anyone share the NMAC one pay and MSD instructions. i know I saw them in the threads somewhere but cannot anymore.
finding discounted units but the one pay and msd is very challenging for some dealers :rofl:
much appreciated.

Not all dealers are willing to do the MSD and/or one pay. You need to find someone willing to do so.

That said, Max of 5 MSDs are allowed. Each will reduce MF by 0.00004 BP. One pay will reduce by an additional 0.0003 BP

1 Like

I know - the ones that are doing it are jacking up MF and other costs rendering these nice % on MSRP useless. Or when they know you want to lease the discounts magically disappear :melting_face: lol