Signed! 2023 Nissan Ariya Venture+ $486/36mo/10k/$0 DAS

MSRP $48,875
486/mo, 36 months, 10k miles, $0 DAS.

I was under water with my 2019 Leaf SL+ and struggling to get to a break even point on the trade lookinf at multiple makes/models. In the end, Sheehy Nissan Glen Burnie, MD kicked in an additional $500 off the car to offset the $1k negative equity. Deal reflects that.

I am not sure how much cash discount I still left on the table but there didn’t seem to be much room left on this one worth pushing further. Seeing other deals i wonder if i could have done just as well or better with a higher level trim. But i wanted the extra range and would have lost the tax credit since Maryland caps it at cars under $50K.

MD also only does post sale EV credits, leaving the effective monthly only $390, which is where i was with my Leaf payments. Not bad for a zero dollar trade up and remaining budget neutral.

3 Likes

Congratz on the EV, now go register the EVGo, it takes a while as you need the Radio ID and VIN.

Your Calc makes no sense. I’ll look into it.

Here’s your True Calc
Looks like you were 875 neg in the Leaf.

1 Like

Congrats on the new car!

1 Like

You nailed it. $875 should equate to what I saved in Maryland taxes on the trade. So in reality I was only under by $125.

1 Like

Yours was one of the easier ones to calculate honestly. All the lines in Section 4 were almost empty. That usually gives me a headache to figure out where those go. And you filled in most of the stuff correctly and I could get the MSRP from the RV and played with the trade in to get the Rent charge properly.

Thank you for checking it. I will say that the estimate I got here was pretty darn close, making this tool invaluable and eliminating any of those stressful moments where the real number during negotiation challenges your own. I tried a few other lease estimators but this one was the only one that made sense.

1 Like

Looks like I might have also forgotten the $199 wheel locks from the sticker.

Where did the $5250 in incentives come from? Got a quote in SoCal with only $1000 incentives.

Maryland gives $3000
Owning a Nissan gives $1000
Nissan Financial gives $1000
…not sure where the last $250 came from.

Actually, the $3000 isn’t part of it. That’s post-sale and I have to apply for the funds yet.

$3250 for Ariya Northeast Lease Cash
$1000 EV Customer Bonus Cash (I owned a Leaf)
$1000 should be dealer’s contribution

1 Like

Now I’m so Jealous! Wcoast doesn’t get that.

That does suck.

Did you apply for state tax credit yet? MVA is the worst and isn’t giving me a clear answer on which documents to provide.

This is the one you want: https://mva.maryland.gov/Documents/VR-334.pdf

I haven’t received my tags yet and the form requires title number. But I was able to get the sales manager to sign the form so as soon as I have that, I’m sending it in.

Yes, I submitted that but I was wondering if you require a copy of the bill of sale too… When I called MVA, they acknowledged discrepancies on their EV Tax Credit webpage when I made them aware of how one section says to provide a copy of the bill of sale (along with VR-334 & MSRP sticker) but under FAQ it doesn’t. I reached out to them via email and phone with no success. They were clueless when I asked if I could give them Lease Agreement since the car is a lease if I do have to provide them with a copy of the bill of sale

I also found bulletins from MVA regarding this and the email states to dealers we only need to submit MSRP sticker and VR-334 form. So it was quite confusing. I totally forgot to put my title number so I will have to resubmit lol.

Oh, I see what you mean. I plan to just send the lease since we don’t have a bill of sale. Is someone there telling you they didn’t think you would get reimbursed because of this or are you assuming gov will be gov and trying to avoid the inevitable screw up? lol. I think it will be okay… it has to be since we can’t manufacture something we don’t have.

Did they happen to indicate how long it takes to process?

Maybe you’ll get reimbursed twice, then. :wink:

They were saying to contact my dealer to get a copy of the bill of sale and that it is needed. :man_facepalming:. I will just submit lease agreement, VR-334 and MSRP sticker when I get my tags.

Upto 3-4 months to process the request. I will let you know via DM if anything new happens. good luck and congratulations on the car!

Wow, 3-4 months…I’m glad I didn’t front the rebate myself as $3000 down, then. I contemplated doing that and reimbursing myself later but I didn’t trust it.

Congratulations on your car as well!