Signed: 2023 Nissan Ariya Engage FWD $399 month / $0 Down

, , , ,

Like many others here, my cheap Frontier lease was coming up this month and I had to find a replacement. Search started with a Niro EV, but after factoring in the loyalty rebate and not paying the disposition fees on my current lease I pivoted to the Ariya.

36 months / 10k / $0 money down.
Incentives: 1,000 Loyalty Rebate + 1,000 Nissan bonus cash.
Monthly payment: $399 including tax.

I can’t get the calculator to align 100%, but it’s just a couple of bucks off.

Can’t help to think I pulled the trigger too soon on this, as I feel incentives might get really strong soon, but in the current state of the market, I feel this was a good deal. Lessons learned in getting this deal were that being persistent is still key. I called literally over 35 dealerships to finally get to this number. So if you don’t want to put in the work, make sure to leverage one of the fantastic brokers here.

Finally, I am glad to share with anyone interested the contact information of some of the places I contacted and were very close in price, such as $410 + tax. They are in the Midwest, but can work with people from any state. They do not arrange shipping though, the buyer has to do it. The dealership I got mine from only had one, so they can’t replicate it at this time.

8 Likes

Nice! How do you like the car?

1 Like

Coming from the base Frontier, it felt like a rolls royce. :rofl:
Jokes aside, the drive home was nice and it is nicely packaged with heated seats, steering wheel and HUD. Just wish the range was a bit higher.

2 Likes

Mind sharing the state? I’ve got a Leaf lease expiring this month and am considering EV options in IL. Feel free to PM if you prefer.

1 Like

Looks like a good deal.
If you don’t mind the range, Engage give you a lot of bang of the buck! Feel super luxurious compare to my base Leaf. :rofl:
If I didn’t get my Murano a month ago, I would jump on this one! Also expired Leaf at the beginning of July.

1 Like

Does the Ariya still not have true one-pedal driving?

I read they may do an OTA update to add it but unlike the Leaf, it only slows down to about 6mph and then you have to use the brakes.

They took out the one-pedal driving for the Ariya…
It will only slow down but at the end you still need to use the brakes.
I love the one-pedal on my Leaf not sure why they took it out from Ariya…

The ID4 would probably be a much better option as Nissan has buyout restrictions on their EV leases so you truly are paying the lease and can not make any money you are paying on the lease back. Now if comfortable with that fact it’s a good deal

I was annoyed by the fact Nissan didn’t allow third party buyouts, but at least they reinstated the personal buyout option this week. At least there is an option.

1 Like

Wait they did? That’s huge news. Did they do the $7500 as cap cost reduction. Is there confirmation of this ?

1 Like

My $79 leaf lease will be up on Oct 1st. How much msrp discount % did you get?

I confirmed with two dealerships I was working with and also saw it here.

1 Like

The problem here is it’s residual and money factor support instead of having the $7500 as down payment so cashing it out will not be economical even at lease end you’ll always lose money vs like an ID4 or Jeep that gives the $7500 as down payment.

They changed that on 7/12 I believe, it’s a normal lease again.

Anyone driving a lease today for under $400 especially a $45,000 dollar car is making the right move!!!
Who cares if you cant buy it out at the end of lease.

Im seeing base Toyota corollas and honda civics going for $400+ a month!!!

Aweeome deal. :pray:

4 Likes

At first I really hesitated to pay this much on a Nissan, having leased better cars for less in the past. However, seeing as you mentioned, base entry level cars or things like a CX30 leasing for more than 300 + money down, I thought this was a good opportunity taking into account all of the gas savings, and being a true 0 down / No MSD deal.

2 Likes

I still have yet to hear a good reason why they removed it.

I too like the feature on my LEAF.

i see $1445 added to the cap cost which i assume is $750 doc and dmv and $695 acq fee?

so where is the tax added or is there no tax on EV where you live?

Hello, all. New here. We are trying to buy an Ariya in Boise, ID (just the base Engage). We will be finishing our Leaf lease ($130) but will have negative equity, so don’t really want to buy it. When we talked with the dealership the 31st of July, they said they really wanted to make a sale, but the best they could get us on a lease was like $400 with $4k down! We would jump on $400 for 0 down, or $350 or so with $2k down.

Any advice would be very helpful. By the way, there are only two dealers within 250 miles, and only one of those has the base model Engage (two of them).

Oh, that depends. There are 10 Nissan dealers around my zip code. But if only 2 within 250 miles from you, it’s hard to say. Think about this, the highest offer and lowest offer I got during this time of my car purchase is only a $2000 difference for a 3 years lease. So if you need a car, there is not too much difference in the ownership expense every year, my goal is under $5000 per year. So a total of 3 years is around $15K, and the offer you got is around $188k to use this car for 3 years. I suggest you can aim for around $400/ month with $2000 down. But it depends, especially since you mentioned there are only 2 dealers around you. Hope this work can help you.