Term 18 months / 10k miles
MF 0.00321
DAS $0
Monthly Payment $334 (tax inclusive)
Total Lease Cost $5,678 (tax inclusive)
Effective Monthly $315 (tax inclusive)

THE CAR

At this price point, what I love about it:

• 12.3" touch screen with wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto.
  • 19" aluminum-alloy wheels.
  • Bose speakers.
  • Adaptive cruise control with lane centering (almost like a Tesla).
  • 360-degree camera (the quality is bad though).
  • Remote engine start (great for summer time).

At this price point, what I think it can do better:

• No start-stop system, only automatic brake hold.
  • No auto-dimming mirrors.
  • No ambient light at all. I don’t ask for fancy color-changing ambient light (which is optional for Altima), but this car has zero interior light that cabin feels too dark to see anything.

THE DEALER

Cerritos Nissan. I spoke with the General Sales Manager directly. We agreed on the selling price over the phone in less than fifteen seconds. Then I asked for a text message to confirm the selling price in writing. I also filled out the online credit application before heading over. The staff are friendly and professional.

The total time I spent in the dealership was about 90 minutes. My personal Leases Done Quick record was about 30 minutes back in 2018 at Audi Pasadena.

IN THE END

Big thanks to this community. Wish everyone the best.

23 Likes

Thanks for a detailed report and enjoy your new car in good health!

5 Likes

Your total out of pocket is $315 X 18 which is about your total monthly payments. I think you meant to call total out of pocket as total cost of ownership. Usually total out of pocket is the Due At Signing amount.

I understood it as one pay. His effective is $315.

1 Like

Gotcha makes more sense

Yeah, a bit confusing with pre-one pay monthly listed in title, and one pay effective monthly being a bit less. @winnie_the_pooh this is one pay, right?

I interpreted it to mean a monthly lease with $0 DAS, and the total is the total lease cost.

Yeah, you could be right. 344 x 17 = 5678 / 18 = 315.44.

@winnie_the_pooh , never mind about one pay question. Can you just change “Total out of pocket” to a “total lease cost” to avoid confusion?

Congrats on your new car!

1 Like

Solid deal!

GM’s often have their own motivations for giving a good deal (meeting some end of the month quota etc).

Putting that aside, was there any particular approach, you took that helped get to a deal so quickly?

What’s your strategy for getting to a good deal quickly?

3 Likes

I just changed it. Sorry for the confusion :slightly_smiling_face:

My original goal was a one-pay lease. However, the dealership refused to do so because “the system doesn’t allow them to process it.” Some other dealerships also refused to do a one-pay lease.

1 Like

I did spend hours browsing inventories and making calls before this one. I called at least ten dealerships. Most of them wanted to sell at MSRP only. A few of them had counter offers, like $1000 off MSRP.

My strategies are:

• Be simple. Only negotiate on the selling price. No need to mention monthly payments.
  • Be flexible. No strong preference for color or trim.
  • Be patient. Keep calling around. If this week doesn’t work, try next week.
  • Be fast. Tell the dealer that I can be there today if we can agree on the number.
  • Be nice. If a dealer gives me a bad deal, I thank them for their time and hope to make a deal with them in the future.
11 Likes

No worries, thanks for clarifying. Congrats again. Post nice pics in Trophy garage!

1 Like

Really great tips!

A lot of what you said, mirrors what @CoffeeCar said in his post, and my own personal approach.

Why do you favor making calls initially, over emails? Do you speak directly to General Managers? Or just whoever you get on the phone?

Did you try Nissan Simi valley? Nissan of MIssion Hills ? any other Nissan dealer?
Also, is selling price same as the Cap cost?
sxm

I can’t recall since I called more than ten dealerships. Regarding the Cap Cost, you can refer to this article.

1 Like

I prefer emails to phone calls. But sometimes, finding the right email address for the dealership is hard. The phone numbers are always listed on their website.

1 Like

@winnie_the_pooh The ambient lighting you mentioned was lacking was optional for the small fee of $455. Though it doesn’t look like much.

I went there and they are making payments like 610 a month that’s crazy . Everything is same as what you described .

Update
Dealer is ready to do the same deal but he needs @winnie_the_pooh your name so he can match the price .

This deal was done over six months ago; it would be almost impossible to replicate as the residuals and money factor have changed since then.

1 Like