Drive-Off Amount: $508
Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: 0.00001
Residual: 68%
Incentives: $500 Loyalty
Region: NY/NJ
Leasehackr Score: 7.6

Was considering the new CX-50 Turbo but the numbers weren’t comparable, arguably getting (slightly) more of a car with (barely usable) 3rd row for a significantly smaller monthly payment/TCO.

Shoutout to all the wizards who think that trade-in equity is ‘free money’: cleared $5k in equity when I sold my Mazda3 so it’s like I am $300/mo effective!

Pics to follow.

7 Likes

Congratulations on the car.
Did you run these numbers for all Mazda models, trims, and mileage/months?
In your experience, which options lease well?

.00001 MF on 24/12k across all CX-9 trims coupled with good % MSRP discount made it a no-brainer for me.

In terms of trims, I wanted 2nd row bench so that right away eliminated Touring and Carbon, both of which come with Captain’s Chairs. Touring Plus seemed to have everything I wanted (read: needed) so that was the sweet spot for me.

How hard was it to get discount on MSRP? Not sure if it’s region based but I called a dealer in MI trying to replicate a deal starting with 9% off and he said most than can discount is 1%. He said Mazda limits them. Congrats though!!

See if any broker works with your state. @AutoNinjas, for example, are 10% off MSRP on some trims this month. Even with shipping from Northeast it may be worth it.

half baked bullshit GIF

We can ship one to you - even w shipping it sure as hell beats 1% by a large margin.