SIGNED: 2023 Lucid Air Grand Touring AWD - $516 NC Tax included, $1250 DAS

, ,

Beautiful, I thought MSRP for those would be around $130k. Congrats again on the deal.

1 Like

When did you order yours?

7 Likes

On April 6th

Thanks a lot GOAT, means a lot if it’s coming from you.

1 Like

If I m counting the $1250 referral rebate, the effective monthly payment would be $447 including tax.
My insurance went up $80 a month, felt it is very reasonable considering it’s a 100K+ car and my first EV, provider is Amica. According to the insurance agent the VIN came up 150K in there system, tried negotiating using the sales deed but he said it doesn’t matter, as they have to price it for the replacement of equal value.

1 Like

Snowy off-ramp the lucid and replace with a G550

1 Like

@Aks81 should get @z0lt3c to contact the insurance company so he can re-set the true value of these Lucid’s in their database. If the insurance company is pricing these things at $150K on a total loss, lessee’s are sitting on $100k of positive equity.

G63 man… why settle for a G550? Plus @Dany1122 said @li8625 was going to scoop up every color of G550 to give to someone… so there won’t be any G550 left to buy.

Edit: You mf-ers all have the same icon so I got you mixed up.

2 Likes

Do you guys think it is a good idea to purchase one of these? I was quoted 61k for a pure Demo vehicle with ~1200 miles. I am in Texas now so the taxes kind of kill the lease deal for me.

I am wondering how these would depreciate in 2-3 years

I love the cars, but absolutely do not purchase if you care about depreciation.

We have no clue to the company’s financial viability post running out of cash. The management keeps thinking they have an engineering problem (add features) when what they need is to

1. Cut costs (aka reduce features, or optimize - but hard to imagine optimizations for a factory built only a few years ago)

2. Do more marketing/sales. Get them in the hands of influencers, PR, etc.

They have a huge demand problem, and their solution has been to cut prices, which hurts existing vehicle owners and enhances depreciation. You can get a used ‘22 touring for like $75k (150k MSRP at time of sale). They’re a luxury brand trying to make their product cheap, I don’t think it’ll end well, I wouldnt want to own one when there’s so much proprietary technology, sensors, etc that you can’t repair on your own if they go down.

Again I love the car but company is not on a good trajectory, absolutely lease one if you want one, let someone else take depreciation hit.

4 Likes

Sucks we can’t lease a Lucid in SC

Add that to the list with Tesla & Rivian. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::man_facepalming:t2: