Signed: 2023 Lexus GX460 Luxury | MSRP $73,515 | 27/10k | $732/Mo +Tax | 9 MSD $8100+$1500 DAS

Debated purchase vs lease on this one with Lexus 2.49% financing, with $0 down though my payment would have ballooned to ~$1,400/month. The 27 month term was attractive as Lexus generally offers a 6 month pull ahead, going from unibody to body on frame I like having the optionality of getting a TX in two years if we dislike the GX, so far we love it. Only frustrating part is the additional 9% tax Chicago levies on leases which will go away if we end up moving to the suburbs. Dislike wasting money on unnecessary taxes, but this came out to the best option. Final monthly payment is actually closer to $950 as we added the ‘platinum’ Lexus damage warranty at signing which I did not include below, did my best to back into original deal.

2023 Lexus GX460 Luxury
$73,515 MSRP
$64,296 Sales Price
12.5% Off MSRP

$700 First month payment credit from Lexus
.00144 MF
9x MSD
27/10 Term
64% Residual

$500 Down
$8,100.00 MSD
$732/Month

$867/Month all in after taxes (Chicago additional 9% lease tax on top of 9.5% sales tax)

Leasehackr score of 8.1 years

I am not a GX owner but was looking for the same lease deals in NJ for the past few weeks, your discount estimate at 9k off msrp which is good - I’ve seen people getting 10 and 12k and some not more than 4k off depend with the state/inventory etc.

• I got the same monthly offer on a premium gx460 without any MSD’s, personally I would try to negotiate to get this discount w/no msd and no need for additional damage warranty.

I think I have 30 days to get the warranty refunded, have thought about that. How tough is LFS with returns? I know Land Rover gave us up to $1k credit towards excess damage, does Lexus offer anything similar?

Appreciate your feedback too.

Are you historically hard on your vehicles?

Not typically, just always worried about getting plugged on scratches/dings and new tires and being at the mercy of their pricing.

1 Like

I assume if you do get dinged for any of those items at lease turn in it does not put you in a financial hardship to pay them? That’s the metric I usually use on things like that. I guess I’m a gambler. I’d risk it and remove that add-on.

It doesn’t cost you anything to have a lease end inspection performed when you are ready to turn the car in. If the report shows you need 2 new tires, then replace them. You are in Chicago which is a large city like NY. I’m sure if the inspector says 1 or 2 of your wheels have too much curb rash, you can get them refinished.

1 Like

I’ve never purchased extra warranty on a lease, only 1 time tire protection package from VW which was worth it in the end. You can also inquire on the GX460 facebook group which is very active. If you are planning on future upgrade w/Lexus im sure any return fees and minor paint damage will be waived.

GX460

1 Like

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it…think I am leaning on cancelling, valek, nycarguy and yourself make good points. I am gentle on my cars and highly doubt the damage would eclipse the expense of the warranty out of pocket. Now lets see how difficult this is to back out of!

1 Like

Live in Chicago suburbs, could you please PM the dealer, I am looking for a premium plus. Thanks.

Pre inspection helps. I had to replaced 4 tires with used tires. Saved me 1k

You can buy tires wherever you want.

Minor scratches and dings are considered normal wear:

1 Like

Messaged you