SIGNED: 2023 Kia Niro EV Wind - $293/mo, 36/15k. $1,500 DAS

, ,

Just signed a 2023 Kia Niro EV Wind - 36/15k here in Oregon. Typically the PNW doesn’t see the best of deals, but this is relatively decent.

MSRP $43,745
Selling Price: $39,115
Incentives: $5,000 Kia Lease Cash and $2,500 Oregon Rebate
Residual: 66%
MF: 0.00326
$1,500 DAS ($150 doc fee, taxes, registration, $500 accessory which covers windshield repairs & replacements)
$292.95/mo.

This is the only dealer I found that offer $4k+ of discounts, others were at $1-2k. I’m happy to get a vehicle before the suspension of the state rebate on May 1st.

13 Likes

Grats! Was the $500 extended coverage mandatory? Seems like a poor value for windshield coverage unless replacement costs have rocketed up over the last few years while I’ve lived under my rock.

Thanks! $500 coverage wasn’t mandatory, but with my wife and my luck with windshields, this is a no brainer for us. Our deductible is also $500, and not having to deal with insurance is priceless. Also, this is the state where they put gravel on the roads during the winter season.

No sales tax, I’m so jealous. Cali taxes everything including incentives

2 Likes

What zip code was this in if I may ask? And vehicle color, or is that already factored in to the Selling Price you paid?

Also: is the Federal $7,500 EV incentive included in that price?

Kia is only offering $5000 of the $7500 as incentive.

1 Like

Congrats! New Niro EV is a nice upgrade from the previous generation. Consider sharing the deal on SIGNED! to be next month’s Deal of the Month winner!

Dealer is the only one in the Salem area. We took the higher priced MSRP one, which included the paint upcharge and other accessories we wanted including the Homelink mirror. The lower MSRP might add around $10/month.

And as others stated, only $5k lease cash. No federal incentives on foreign build EVs.

And as others stated, only $5k lease cash. No federal incentives on foreign build EVs.

This is not true. Kia isnt giving you $5000 from the goodness of their hearts.

this is a killer deal you got. i rushed and got into a niro ev wind in march and after much negotiating, i got it for 440/mo with tax included and 2500 drive off. At the time it was a fair deal but now I kind of regret it

I’m just stating the facts. As of last year, most foreign manufacturer lost out on the federal tax credit. As of Apr 17, 2023, IRS updated it again. The only manufacturers who are currently eligible are Cadallic, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Ford, Tesla, Lincoln, and Jeep.

So in other words, yes, Kia is giving out the 5k lease cash.

1 Like

Actually Wrong.

Everything you quoted is on a purchase of a Car by a consumer, Leases still get $7500. Kia is keeping $2500

2 Likes

So in other words, yes, Kia is giving out the 5k lease cash.

Wrong again. Here is the section of the bill giving tax credits to corporations with no limits. This is the credit Kia is passing through, its funded by taxpayer money.

1 Like

No, actually wrong: “None of these regulations apply to leased EVs and PHEVs, so potential buyers interested in an electric car or plug-in hybrid that isn’t eligible for a tax credit may want to consider leasing instead of purchasing.”

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/hybrids-evs/electric-cars-plug-in-hybrids-that-qualify-for-tax-credits-a7820795671/

Well, I guess I’m educated now regarding the tax credit for a lease.

Kia is offering 5k for this month and that doesn’t change.

And even if they pass along zero or even $7,500 towards the lease, if someone agrees to the deal, then that’s that.

Huh? I just said the same thing. This only works on leases.

Any recommendations on sales people at Power Kia in Salem?

I have been in discussion with Micah via email since early June. Haven’t reached anything conclusive as yet, as I sent him the details of the original poster’s signed lease deal and… crickets.

Sorry to hear that. I just picked up my EV6 Wind AWD on Friday from Killian. He was great as I was coming from Northern California. Got the $7500 and $1000 kia loyalty rebate aling with their $5k off msrp and some $$ for my kia trade in.

1 Like

Wow. Really interested in seeing the numbers. You should put it up in signed. 10% off msrp on an ev6 is awesome; stacked with 7500 and loyalty