Signed- 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe 24/12k $549

Spent the last few weeks talking back and forth with a few Jeep dealers. This one in particular had two 2022s they weren’t willing to make any deals on so I gave up. They came back to me earlier this week with this deal on the 2023 which was about $500 more than I was aiming for out the door but ultimately I’m happy because they were the easiest dealership I’ve dealt with by far.

Calc doesn’t match 100% but pretty close

MSRP 63,655 (base with 20” wheels)
Paid $60,472
$13000 in rebates
24/12k, .00192 mf and looks like 65% residual on my worksheet.
$549/mo

I’m happy with it as a temp but hope to get a Grand Highlander in the semi-near future so perhaps will be able to flip this in my favor.

Rv should be 64% for a 24/12. 65% is for 24/10

That’s what I thought, too. Guess we’ll see what happens with that…

Could be a Stellantis lease?

Mf is correct for ccap and 65% rv isnt correct for sfs either.

Im in So Cal and been looking for a SUV for the past 3 months. ( Yukon, Tahoe, Wagoneer, Sequoia, nav, caddy). By far out of all the dealerships I dealt with, Jeep was the most dishonest.

I was looking to lease and almost had a deal on a wagoneer carbide. First dealership negotiated back and forth playing games with his manager, then tells me they have to do a dealer trade. I laughed and said to myself this isnt happening when there’s only 2 in Socal. 2nd dealership ( the one with the car) negotiated $1020 month with 2400 down so I told them to get the paperwork started, the manager then ghosted me. I called them back later on and finally spoke to the manager again. Games were played . They tried changing the numbers on me as well as the mileage needed, then mentioned someone was coming down to look at the car at 5:30. Again, I told them to send me the paperwork to sign and get everything going while the remainder would be done at the dealership… No paperwork sent so I said screw its a Jeep not a car I truly car for the brand. I called them back 2 days later and asked if the car was still there, it was. I told them I would pay less than what we spoke about with less down ( since they wanted to play games) to see what he would say. The mgr was baffled I said that.

Ultimately I ended up getting an insane deal with a QX80 premium on a 18 month lease ( can extend 6 months if needed) but I couldnt pass it up.

Over 20 years of buying cars Jeep was by far the worst experience and had the most dishonest sales reps to the point where I almost wrote a letter to corporate. . Not sure what they are thinking that I would fold and pay more? They have the worst reputation for reliability too ( was only going to lease for 36 month so its didnt matter)

Moral of the story stay away or on your toes when dealing with Jeep

thx for reading my rant lol

1 Like

Sounds like you had one bad experience at one or two CDJR dealerships, not a bad experience with Jeep.

1 Like

Yes but they’re the 1st line of representing the brand , and they can’t be honest it tarnishes the perception of it.

Plus I did speak with 2 mechanics, they both told me to stay away from them for mechanical issues

If you have a jeep great, enjoy it, this is just my experience with 2 dealerships and it sucked.

I don’t have a Jeep. But you’re misattributing your dealership experience to CDJR as a company.

Jeep doesn’t employ dealership sales reps. The dealerships employ sales people.

Your gripe is with the sales people at two dealerships. Not Jeep’s corporate sales team.

2 Likes

What would the insurance folks paying on avg for jeep GC upon leasing

This varies widely. My quote was $3 more per month than my current vehicle.

Best thing to do is to get a quote.

Just grab a random vin from a dealership site for the trim you’re looking at and get a quote from your insurer online. Takes less than 5 minutes.

1 Like

I pay $1061/yr for mine but that’s bundled with home and umbrella
250/500/100 coverage for auto

1 Like

I think CDJR as a company has a responsibility to ensure the dealerships and sales rep adhere to brand expectations. How does Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes carry on an average a good dealership experience?

The corporation has to be held responsible in part, for not ensuring a good experience at these dealerships.

Agree with you, and I do agree with the “rant” posted in this thread. The general attitude of CDJR sales reps is ‘smug’ in my experience. And for reliability, I have a 2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe base, I am currently working with a lemon law attorney while I wait to go have my steering inspected as per the latest recall. Reliability on my Jeep has been terrible.

1 Like

Jeep has never been the pinnacle of reliability.

It is bewildering to see the naivety of customers having such high expectations for car salesmen or believing that CDJR has to dictate negotiation tactics for every dealer that sells their cars.

To think that a bad experience with a sales guy at a dealership is reflective of the automaker’s entire brand…

Y’all are silly geese

2 Likes

that is one hell of an understatement.

1 Like

I mean when you are charging upwards of 60k for a car, I think its reasonable to expect something;

But to each their own. I have no vested interest in other brands vs. CDJR; I do think when you have an upmarket price point, you should be making efforts, to also have an upmarket experience.

Yes/no. At the same time, what does $60k really buy you in today’s world? Not much.

They are mass-produced, mass-marketed vehicles. The other issue with many of the domestic brands is they produce high(er) dollar units, but the economy sh*t boxes also come off of that same line. Then they’re all dispersed within the same system.

my 4xe is in service already. only has 540 miles.
Got the “shift to P and then select desire gear” error…
It is a Jeep Thing! Still love it and enjoy driving it.

1 Like