SIGNED!: 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe Calligraphy AWD. 36/10k. $1000DAS, $617+tax/mo

I never thought I’d be sharing a “deal” like this, but in the current market I think I did OK. Most every dealer I reached out to refused to go below MSRP on a Calligraphy, and a lot were even adding a market adjustment.

I ordered a full loaded GC 4xe Summit Reserve back in July. After getting completely screwed over by the dealer when I went to take delivery (I had already sold my other car) I started looking around for alternate options. My significant other loved the Q5, but I couldn’t find a Prestige with the 45 engine and the 40 was just not going to cut it. On a whim we checked out the Santa Fe (the dealer was cleared out of GV70s and Palisades) and I was super impressed by the value proposition.

I started searching around and missed out by a couple hours on the only white on beige I could find. I was able to get decent numbers on a white on black from the same dealer, but it was still in transit and the ETA was next month. I was able to negotiate at a different dealer for a blue on black FWD and was getting ready to sign. But, I saw that they also had a blue on beige in AWD. Living in the north my whole life I wouldn’t have even considered a FWD, but now that I’m in Louisiana I didn’t really see the point in spending the extra for the AWD. Anyway, I got them to go with a little deeper discount past the 4% I was getting on the FWD, and I went for it.

Calculator link:

1 Like

Nice Santa Fe! And very reasonable discount.

Personally I would have financed it at those numbers, but if it worked for you, that’s all that matters.

I may end up buying it outright with cash or re-financing it, but the sale of my old house keeps getting pushed back due to delays at the buyers bank and I didn’t want to put out any more cash than I needed to right now.

We also have a brutal 9.95% tax rate here, so I’d be financing an extra $4500 at 5+%. I used to complain about 6.35% back in CT!

1 Like

Congrats and enjoy!

Nice two tone interior

1 Like

glad to see you landed on your feet after the ordeal at the other dealership. i’m honestly amazed you were even able to find a calligraphy trim level on the ground. they’re like unicorns down here for the pallisade and the santa fe.

1 Like

There’s probably about a dozen that I found in a 2hr radius, but due to the scarcity the dealers weren’t wanting to let them go. This place had 4 - two FWD and two AWD.

1 Like

i guess that’s where they’re all getting delivered then. i just gave a quick look and there are none in my local area.

Nice looking vehicle… good choice! :+1:

….

OP. You should get your DCT checked immediately. There is a recall on it.

1 Like