Signed: 2023 E-tron GT; $106,990 MSRP; 24/7500

, ,

would the dealership be willing to make more similar deals?

Jelly. Well done. You are an inspiration and although its not a typical deal, it is possible.

1 Like

This is a hard money loser. The only reason they did it was to hit their numbers.

3 Likes

thanks again hackrs!

yeah i don’t think the dealer can offer another deal like this but worth a try to see where they are this month.

1 Like

Great deal. Congrats on the car

Can you please breakdown the incentives totaling $20K?

Who cares? They did it and he got the car, that is all that matters.

Can I ask how do you know? Even after invoice and manufacturer incentives, you’re still certain they’re losing on this? I didn’t know the “punishment” for not hitting sales numbers for a dealership would outweigh the loss you’re projecting here.

Any idea whatvthe $20K incentive includes?

It’s not punishment, there can be back end money that makes it so it makes financial sense for a dealer to do a deal like this. My point is simply someone can’t just show up here and ask if the dealership will replicate. They’ll have to put in the work like the OP.

1 Like

$7,500 is the federal EV credit, which they’ve chosen to pass along on the lease.
$12,500 is a manufacturer incentive.

1 Like

My local Audi dealer has 8 of these cars sitting.

I’m going to show up there in the next few days to try to replicate this deal.

Can you please plug this into the calculator so I can play with it? I’m happy to have a higher monthly payment by a small factor

Dude you’re going to have to put in some effort. OP got a great deal because they put in the legwork.

4 Likes

Not an EQS, but with these (and other EVs) starting to pile up along with the evidence of the fire sale prices w/ incentives, you should be able to get a great deal with some effort.

There is a ton of backend money on these for sure.

Not as much as you’d think. There is some that is dependent on certain circumstances but I can say with certainty they lost hard money at 15% off.

2 Likes

Yes 15% off is an employee deal

1 Like

Ok, but the dealer isn’t “losing” money as we all know. AoA and VAG will make this right for the dealer on the monthly/quarterly/yearly spiff and backend push cash for EVs.

All of these manufacturers are subsidizing these “loser” deals to get their EVs on the road now for a head start at better market share in the next 2-5 years. A loss leader now is market share tomorrow when all the luddites and late adopters are forced to buy an EV and go with the previously-subsidized herd.

2 Likes

Wow, great story and one heck of a deal! Hats off to Audi Nashville - it sounds like they represent what service should be. :clap:

1 Like

Happy to put in the leg work champ. It’s not an Ironman.

When you say “backend money” this is not something that is known by many buyers or even like Edmunds folks that have access to lease numbers, etc. Only inside folks that work inside dealership would be in the know how and that is why they can give extra discount knowing that money is still available to them even with huge discounts off MSRP?

1 Like