SIGNED - 2023 BMW i4 35 - $499/month 36/10k $1766 down, 7 MSDs

The payment difference with $0 acq and .0005 higher MF should be $36. $925/$36 = 25.7 months break even. I just double checked my math and I’m pretty sure this is right.

Good job
You did better than broker offering of lower discount %
And the broker fee

So you’re already ahead by 1k ish savings

Possibly but only because I have done a lot of business with this particular dealer over the past 19 years. If you’re not in the same situation, using a broker is the way to go.

When I first joined LH a few years ago, I was skeptical of the value of using a broker given my personal knowledge and experience with leasing. However, I am now a firm believer of using a broker in many, if not most, instances. The time savings and avoidance of frustration alone is worth the fee. And you will probably end up with as good of a deal or better than if you had invested weeks searching on your own. IMHO.

2 Likes

But what what about the loss of the self flagellation, extreme frustration, and feeling like its Groundhog Day over and over? That has to have some value.

10 Likes

Haha. No kidding.

Sold my 12 month old Sahara for $700 equity. My wife’s HA has more.

Edit. I had 5k+ equity a few months into the lease but had to hold it as there weren’t other deals or vehicles I wanted at the time.

The last few years have been an anomaly. Everyone has rolled a lot of equity but soon we’ll all just be stuck with expensive leases we’ll need to take to the full term.

4 Likes

If you sell/end your electric car lease early, will you have to pay back the 7500 rebate from the federal government?

The short answer is no. The longer answer is:

1. If you buy a vehicle without the intent to sell the vehicle, then you do not have to pay back the tax credit even if you decide to sell it.
  2. In my scenario, I leased the vehicle and BMWFS is getting the tax credit. They are choosing to pass through the tax credit in the form of a rebate but there are no conditions tied to the rebate.

My understanding is some state tax credits do have clawback provisions but I am not familiar with them.

1 Like

What was your adjusted cap cost ? Wondering if bmw gives the $7500 upfront ?

The struggle in itself is the reward

2 Likes

how do you like it?

Honestly, as sick and sadistic as this thought is, it is actually true. Despite the idiocy of my approach, I do generally get more satisfaction from a self-made deal versus taking one that someone else found.

7 Likes

He didnt receive a rebate from the federal government.

2 Likes

Samesies

Xxx

How many miles ?

Did you look at the original thread?

1 Like

Drives like a BMW sedan (which is a good thing). I previously had an i4 e40 and was concerned the e35 would be noticeably slower. I didn’t drive them back to back but the e35 feels just as quick as I remember the e40. I think you’re really just sacrificing range.

3 Likes

To the best of my knowledge, the i4 does not qualify for the $7500 federal tax credit in 2023 (nor do leased vehicles is my understanding). Would LOVE to hear this is not the case. And for someone to explain if I am mistaken. Thanks tons

Pretty much everything electric qualifies for the section 45 tax credit on a lease; that is, the lessor gets a tax credit and then may or may not pass on an equivalent incentive. BMW does pass it on with the i4.

As far as a purchase, it does not qualify for the section 30 tax credit that goes to the consumer.

3 Likes