Signed: 2023 BMW 540i 39/10k $599 a month

Had a bit of a unique situation with my 2020 m340i lease ending with positive equity…technically out of pocket expenses were $4200 but it was all in the equity of my trade in/lease return; it needed new back tires and front windshield had a small crack, so if I kept it along with ~$1500 of taxes and the disposition fee of $495 true money down was closer to $1500 from my standpoint. I think I could have squeezed a bit more out of them since it was a loaner and last year before the redesign, but the dealer was willing to work with me plus had a spec I liked (all blacked out) so I decided to sign.

MSRP - $69280
Negotiated price - $62575 (~9.7%)
MF - .00145
Residual - 56.4%
BMW rebate - $3000

1 Like

So how much of that $7261.03 was positive equity? $4261.03?

Good job on the deal either way.

1 Like

This is under the assumption that the trade actually received a proper value. There isn’t much of a point in even discussing the lease deal, when the water has been muddied.

Yeah the $3000 rebate plus the positive equity…my payoff was right at $35k; CarMax/carvana/echo park etc were all quoting around the $37k range so MSRP discount could have theoretically been more I guess but they massaged the numbers on the trade in value versus discount for whatever reason.

1 Like

Right, more of a unique situation for me and not a deal that others could replicate easily with nothing out of pocket…it worked for me at the time all things considered.

Post pics please!