SIGNED: 2022 VW Tiguan SE FWD - $0 DAS, $32450 MSRP, 36/7.5k, $448/mo, SoCal

First timer, just want to get a deal check on my recent lease.

2022 VW Tiguan SE FWD

**MSRP: $32,450
**Selling Price: $31,450
**Tax/Tags/Dealer Fees/Etc: $2,007
**Total Cap Cost: $33,457
**Monthly Payment: $448 taxes included
**Cash Due at Signing: $0

**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 7500
**MF: 0.00165
**Residual: 66% ($21417)

**Region: Southern CA
**Leasehackr Score: 6.7 years

Deal URL

Thanks!

3 Likes

You’re paying roughly 50% of the vehicle cost over the term of the lease. Did you look into financing instead? It’s all moot since you signed already so enjoy in good health. But for next time if you want a deal check you might find better advice if you post it first before signing to gauge opinions

1 Like

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Enjoy your new car.

There’s slight discrepancy that I noticed: post says $0 DAS, while calculator shows 1st month DAS. Might want to fix this.

Was the main appeal of leasing having $0 DAS? If so, I guess it’s decent enough (if 7500 mi/yr works for you). Not a lot of Tiguan deals being posted now, so hard to say how it compares (and the one broker in SoCal who works w/ VWs and posts here has generally been suggesting financing).

Fixed. Trying to be as accurate as I can but I couldn’t get the numbers to line up without having the first month’s payment show up as DAS. I had to fudge the residual slightly but that’s about as accurate as i could get it

1 Like

Yeah that’s why I decided to post, couldn’t find much on tiguans. The zero DAS was part of why we did it, yeah. The broker actually messaged me saying it was a good deal funny enough.

No worries, calculator is not exact and is informative even if it’s few dollars off. However, when playing with it, it’s a bad idea to change residual, which is set in stone. It’s most likely dealer/gov fees, and the way those are capped and taxed.

It looks like you lumped all fees into acquisition fee, which also looks misleading. This should be cleaner version of your 448 mo/0 DAS calculator.

1 Like

Much appreciated! I’ll update my original post.

Oh, the broker said it’s a good deal, then it prob is. :slight_smile:

Thanks for helping to add a data point.

1 Like