SIGNED: 2022 RS E-Tron GT $164k MSRP. $15000 one pay for 12/7.5k ($1250/mth effective)

Posted earlier this week and then asked mods to remove temporarily. This is a “like new” lease on a pre-owned RS. One dealer said AFS will not lease a pre-owned car. Yet my selling dealer has leased many pre-owned cars under this program. I didn’t want a flurry of calls to raise flags at AFS…just in case the selling dealer was wrong. I’ve now confirmed with a 3rd Audi dealer that the AFS “like new” lease program is available on pre-owned cars with less than 10k miles.

Deal 1 (my deal): $164k MSRP. First owner added a stealth clear bra, carbon fiber wheel inserts, and a built in radar/jammer. Originally agreed to $14,400 one pay ($1200/month) but ended up at $15,000 ($1250/mth). Dealer claims they misunderstood the agreed upon price even though I put it in writing 2x and they confirmed 2x. They claimed they didn’t do the math when I wrote $14,400 one pay and just assumed that $1250 x 12 was $14,440 :roll_eyes:. I know they bought the car at Manheim for $108k and they sold it to me for $122k. The residual is $117,416 including the bump for AudiCare. In normal circumstances, I would have walked away when the price changed (esp knowing the massive profit margin) but this deal was still pretty good IMO. The E-Tron GT is a car that I actually wanted and this RS looks pretty sick in matte black. I also think they could have easily found someone else to take the car at $1250 or more.

Deal 2 (failed): Same spec but without the clear bra and radar/jammer. Out of state dealer was selling the car for $118,000 with a $117xxx residual. The total one pay was $12200 or $1017/month effective. I had planned to take this car and give my friend Deal 1. After they ran my credit, they sent me the deal sheet and the GA taxes were all wrong. There are 2 ways to calculate taxes on leases in GA. Their system could only do the unfavorable way. After showing them the tax code and the dealer talking to their corp office, they understood the issue but said they didn’t have a way to alter the taxes in their system (this process took days). So I decided to give that car to my friend that lives in FL. They were able to calculate FL taxes properly and came up with the $12,700 one pay. After they ran his credit (which is excellent), the finance manager came back and said they couldn’t do the lease on a pre-owned vehicle. I showed him the deal that I just signed that clearly showed mine was pre-owned. This dealer definitely wasn’t aware of the 12 month program before I brought it to their attention. I originally thought the GM, GSM, or other employee decided to take it for themselves once they saw the deal. However, the car is still listed on their website and they just dropped the price to below the residual. Everyone that I dealt with at this dealer seemed to be a straight shooter so I’m not sure what happened. But after their GM, finance manager and used car manager spoke with AFS, they definitively concluded that their car could not be leased because it is pre-owned (maybe something specific to the actual car?). FYI, this dealer is in Nashville so don’t waste your time or theirs.

My selling dealer has been doing these deals for months and has been buying RS’s from other dealers that aren’t aware of the program.

Most 2022 RS’s have the Year One package with an MSRP of $164,390. MMR on these cars is $96k. According to my dealer, the 12/7.5k lease is available for pre-owned or demo cars with less than 10k miles. So a dealer buying one for $100k can make no less than $17k since the cap cost has to be higher than the $117xxx residual (I guess you could get to $116k sales price and add taxes and fees to get to a $117xxx cap cost). Theoretically, you could get one as low as $538.15 per month ($117.5k cap cost, $117.5k residual, .00229 MF). But this is one of those deals where the lease inputs don’t really matter…it’s just a matter of finding a payment that you and the dealer can agree on.

If I were to start the hunt now, I would look for an RS with less than 10k miles at an Audi dealer. First negotiate the price that will end up around $117xxx with acq fee, dealer fee, and your local taxes. Then tell them you want to do the 12 month lease. If you initially inform them of the lease program, they will realize how low the effective payment will be and might sell it to someone else willing to pay more.

My dealer has 2 more incoming RS’s that are eligible for this lease (not posted on their website). They know what they’re sitting on so I’m guessing they will be at $1200-$1250 on a one pay BEFORE your local tax. If you’re going to DM me, please only do so if you are near certain you are going to take the car.

Thanks.

25 Likes

Nice find.

1 Like

scared courage the cowardly dog GIF by Boomerang Official

2 Likes

Damn good find! :clap:t3:

3 Likes

Saw the pics you posted and IMO, you have the best looking car on the road. Congrats on the find!

1 Like

Cool :+1:24 month option available for like new lease?

I believe the 24 month is worse than the 12. However, I didn’t really get into the details of the 24 as I preferred the 12 month term.

3 Likes

Totally worth it at 1250!

I was told by a dealer on this forum that leasing a used Audi is almost always a worse deal than leasing a new one. Do you mind sharing the RV for the used RS eTron?

I think this deal shows that dealer’s statement is not an absolute one – you will not be able to get a 164k MSRP New 2023 RS GT for 1250 effective right now.

With some work/luck you could get a new 157k MSRP for around that, depending on your tax rate, with the June incentives and a one pay.

It’s a strong deal, and depending on July incentives, may not be beatable for quite a while.

LH is all about finding the exceptions to the rule.

Did you read the original post? I already provided the answer you seek. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I did - still waking up my time so didn’t think to just do the math. Looks like 71%? ($117,416 / $164,390)

I was originally negotiating a lease on a base 2023 $107k ETron when the rep mentioned this RS pre-owned lease program. I was then negotiating for a different pre-owned RS when the rep mentioned they had just bought this car that would be arriving at the dealer in a few days. At the time, no one knew the car had the stealth clear bra, integrated radar/jammer, and CF wheel inserts. :smiley: I was initially hesitant about the stealth clear bra as I frequently use a car wash. But after seeing it in person, I consider myself super lucky to have gotten this particular unit.

This black matte finish does draw more attention that I would like. One of the downsides of my NSX Type S was that it would draw too much attention. I didn’t mind people looking at it or taking pics while parked. But I didn’t like it when people would chase me down on the highway, pull alongside, and take a pic or video traveling at 80+ mph while not paying attention to traffic. I haven’t had that happen in the RS but it does surprisingly draw a lot of attention in parking lots.

2 Likes

I don’t have the exact calculation, only the dollar amount residual. I would guess 71% minus a mileage deduction plus 1% for AudiCare. Given that both Deal 1 and Deal 2 had a $117xxx residual, I would just use that for consideration and not worry about how they calculated it.

Thank you. Very confused then because 71% is a very high residual… and completely contradicts what the dealer on this forum told me.

Do 2022 models under 10k miles qualify as “like new”? Also, how do you get the selling price so low without incentives?

That is my understanding based on my selling dealer and another Audi dealer. However, as stated in the OP, Dealer 2 was certain that their pre-owned RS was not eligible based on their conversations with AFS. Knowing how many pre-owned leases my dealer has completed, and that my deal just got funded, I’m 95% sure the rule is 2022 with less than 10k miles.

Did you read the original post? It’s a pre-owned car. MMR is $100k. The dealer is making a fortune on this deal (they paid $108k for mine and sold it to me for $122k).

How do you get them to learn the rule without having to refer them to this post. Trying to work a dealer but they are saying they can only do 24 months

Curious does audi expect a stock car upon lease return?

I just checked in the LH calc and 71% is the residual for a new 2022 RS on 12/7.5k. So that aligns with the estimated calclulation, less mileage deduction and plus 1% for AudiCare. What are you being told?