SIGNED: 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS 450+ $14448 OnePay ($627/mo effective) 24/7.5

There’s no challenge in that.
I’ve heard some Turo cars are very “used”.
Turo costs money with no financial upside.

As long as I’m net positive, my wife doesn’t care.

1 Like

That’s insane! Bravo.

Don’t you get stressed out by the uncertainty of what you might get for buying out/trading in your current lease?

Are you still married?

1 Like

That’s a solid deal, congrats.

My intent was never to keep each car for such a short term. So I chose cars that I was happy to drive for the price I was paying. But when I found a better option, I was glad to make the switch.

The EQS is a great deal but it’s not a car that I really like. If I’m going to knowingly be stuck with a car to term, I would like it to be a car that I actually like (ETron, ETron GT, Taycan, iX). I learned this lesson when I got a free 330e…I loved the free but disliked the car (1st gen 330e).

That being said, I did find and commit to 2 different EQS deals that were decent, not great. If either dealer had been able to sign the deal immediately, I would have done so. However, both deals got delayed for several days for different reasons; during that time, I decided that I didn’t want the car enough, at their respective payments, to commit to them.

1 Like

The acquisition fee is almost always marked up.

Pro tip. Always make up a MSRP when posting

You didn’t get extra $1k off but I bet the sales guy farted in your car for free a couple of times

2 Likes

Nicely done, congratulations!

1 Like

Bill Murray Dalai Llama GIF

5 Likes

CarMax needs to wait. They cant do appraisals without the permanent plates.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the Preferred Employer Program incentive stacks with the $3,500 Penfed or the $2,500 dealer cash?

No it does not stack. Conquest does though.

Spent the weekend driving this car and it definitely feels like a $115K vehicle, you get a lot of car.

I know the post and calculator put the effective lease payment at $627 to factor license, reg fees, and lease dispo fees. The actual lease payment itself (depreciation, rent charge, interest) came out to around $480/month. This is indeed absurd.

3 Likes