Signed - 2022 Lamborghini Urus $20K DAS $4,784 / Month

I am talking about the economy brand sales people that for the first time cracked six figures because they get 40% of gross and think they are now sales gods. I think a true employee lease is a great idea and not because I have done three of them.

2 Likes

wait a minute you can make 6 figures at selling an economy brand right now???

Selling vehicles at or above MRSP will do that - the only thing holding back salespeople right now is inventory.

3 Likes

quitting my scientist job to go work for Kia will report back soon

4 Likes

There were a handful who made six figures that did crazy volume before the market went crazy, but it is more common now. But there can be a huge difference between what the 6-12 month average green pea makes before they quit and those who stick it out for 3-5+ years.

Say goodbye to 5/40 work weeks and competitive benefits

9 Likes

ā€¦.goodbye

1 Like

It ainā€™t worth it, I hate cars and get 0 enjoyment from my main hobby anymore. Material things are worthless and the car business is miserable.

Just so happens I am pretty gifted at it so I guess thatā€™s what Iā€™m stickinā€™ with :cowboy_hat_face:

16 Likes

I get 0 enjoyment out of my bullshit job too.

But you are going to your bullshit job in a Lamborghini.

Clear winner here.

Iā€™m also too pretty to be a scientist I should be selling something

8 Likes

Six figures before taxes on commission is making exactly what your are as a scientist. No amount of money can make me work weekends or after 5pm.

5 Likes

If there was inventory they wouldnā€™t be selling at MSRPā€¦

1 Like

you guys and the general public are very quick to glamorize STEM jobs.

And it is my opinion that you are sorely wrong. Iā€™d rather be doing blow in the copy room at a Mitsubishi dealership than be in this miserable industry. Healthcare (what I was doing before) was even worse yet everyone loves to glamorize becoming a nurse or doctor. Yā€™all have no clueā€¦.

6 Likes

Grass is always greener on the other sideā€¦

8 Likes

Sounds like we just have different priorities.

But honestly, if you have a STEM job and a few years of working experience under your belt, then the only reason youā€™d be drooling over a $100k car sales job is if youā€™re grossly undercompensated or comfortably flying under the radar for a low wage. Working 7 days a week to make $100k isnā€™t sustainable. Youā€™d probably do just as well working retail ā€“ at least youā€™d be eligible for overtime pay.

3 Likes

Retailā€¦Ha! Good (and valid) points, though.

I donā€™t think I was saying it to glamorize it. That was quite a overgeneralization. If you angry at your job then quitā€¦everyoneā€™s hiring. What Iā€™m saying is six figures before taxes with commissions is about 50-55k take home with respect to 401k, taxes and healthcare. I was merely drawing a inference between a safe job and one in which you have to hustle crap hours.

2 Likes

I see signs all over town at fast food chains and other retail stores with starting wages between $16-$22. Retail is starving for employees. Rather than working 80 hours/week selling cars for commission, he could just hit up his local TJ Maxx or McDonalds. That same schedule at $20/hr will net a cool $104k for the year.

:man_shrugging:t2: I know where Iā€™m at, I know what makes me happy, I know what kind of environment makes me fulfilled, and no amount of the boomers telling me itā€™s this is living is going to make it true. I put my head down, exceled at school, made it here, and am aware enough to get out while Iā€™m still young.

Already got my scheming hat onā€¦. changes coming soon.

Also, you are very wrong about money being motivation. High pay is not worth a miserable job. High pay does not magically make a job fulfilling. High pay does not repay the countless hours of the one life you get wasted clacking away on computers, sitting in dingy freezing labs, and sitting on business calls with soulless stuck up suits. I know from experience.

4 Likes

What about making 6 figures by working 35 hours a week?

1 Like

I agree the opportunity is there, for those who are willing to bite the bullet. I was scoffing at retail in regards to it being the butthole of the job market. I think most would argue that vehicle sales would be a close contender. One couldnā€™t pay me enough to be on the front lines, dealing with some people on a daily basis.

1 Like