SIGNED - 2022 Honda Pilot SE AWD -- $533/month 36/12k

, , ,

Flipped the 4xe and needed something to replace. Not enough room in the Jeep for family + dogs anyway so up to Pilot size. Was willing to wait on incoming units but they had a Black SE come in early so I snatched it up.
I wrote about some BS F&I office stuff in this thread: Honda Financial- refund of service contract to lienholder
Basically the payment was $50/mo too high. Shame on me yet again for not catching the payment did not match the sales price and figures. Just another lesson but props to them to fixing and correcting. What happened was they quoted an original payment before running credit based on tier 2 or 3, and then never gave tier 1 to us. So F&I used this as an opportunity to pack in Tire&Wheel for “only $5/month”…in reality it was $1,660 or $50/month with rent charge. AGAIN, I feel like an idiot for not catching this in office…but had a good experience with them last year so didn’t think they’d try games. I reached out to Owner and Sales Manager…they fixed and apologized. You be the judge if it’s true when they said “It has never happened in the 10 years I’ve been here”

MSRP- 44,205
Sales price- 42,705 ($1,500 off)
Honda Loyalty Rebate - $750
MF - tier 1 0.00120
36 month/12k miles- 61% residual (interesting residual $ amount is based on the MSRP before “SE” package discount—note on window sticker)
Tax- 5% lease tax on payments
Due at signing- First payment+$199 doc+$25 temp tag+somethingelse= $810~
Payment- $533

Normally not a great deal, but in this environment, I did pretty good. Had to drive 4 hours roundtrip to get, dealers around here add on $1-2k in Honda Accessories or worse, $3,500 pro pack simonizing… Worth the drive.

5 Likes

Non-residualized? That’s something different.

Congrats, and enjoy the new Pilot!

Are the pilots now generally under MSRP nationwide?

Good question. In my area they are not. Plus dealers adding ADM in way of preinstalled accessories or mandatory protection paint packages etc. That’s why I had to travel. It seems inventory seems to be getting better though so deals can be had I think.