SIGNED! 2022 EQS 450+ Loaner, $413/month, $3000 DAS, $520/month effective. NY

Rob Gronkowski has entered the chat.
Rob Gronkowski Football GIF

1 Like

To be clear, I hadn’t taken delivery when I posted but all the docs were set and just needed signature. I was fairly confident they weren’t going to reneg for a local sale.

I’ll tell you one thing, LHers 2nd favorite thing to do is play GeoGuessr

5 Likes

maybe. i just don’t think the economy will hold out that long. things are pretty f-ed already and its not like there’s much to look forward to on the horizon.

1 Like

I mean the Govt just said f investors.

“Investors in the banks will not be protected. They knowingly took a risk, and when the risk didn’t pay off, investors lose their money. That’s how capitalism works.”

It’s dark days.

Glad it worked out for you. But if a dealer had someone standing in the showroom offering to lease the same car for $5000 more and a marked up MF (and your deal wasn’t signed), I wouldn’t be surprised if they took the higher offer and then apologized to you for “not knowing another salesperson had already sold the car”. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

I mean if somebody actually paid $5000 more for this, they deserve it lmao.

6 Likes

Congrats on the car. Interesting idea to use ChatGPT to draft the email. This is what ChatGPT in Edge generated for me:

Dear Dealer,

I am writing to express my interest in leasing a 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS sedan from your dealership. I have been following the launch of this fully electric luxury car with great anticipation and I am impressed by its range, comfort and technology features.

However, I am also looking for a competitive offer that fits my budget and driving needs. I would like to propose a low offer with max MSD for 2 years and 7500 miles per year.

According to my research, the MSRP of the EQS 450+ sedan is $102,310 and the residual value is 52% for 24 months. The money factor is 0.00125 before MSD. Assuming a 10% discount off MSRP, no down payment and no trade-in, the monthly payment before tax would be $1,088. If I apply max MSD (10), the money factor would drop to 0.00075 and the monthly payment before tax would be $1,005.

I think this is a fair and reasonable offer that reflects the current market conditions and incentives for this vehicle. I am ready to move forward with this deal if you can match or beat it.

Please let me know if you are interested in working with me on this lease. You can reach me by email or phone at any time.

Thank you for your time and attention.

This was what I asked it to write:
an email to the dealer for the eqs, low offer with max msd for 2 years and 7500 miles per year.

It came up with the numbers itself.

9 Likes

I only used it to generate a reasonable template with just VIN and stock ID. No actual numbers. Some dealers responded, some didn’t. I responded back to the ones that cared and followed up to discuss numbers.

Kept the first email short and to the point. In Bing Sidebar, you can choose the length of the email.

1 Like

Work smarter, not harder?

4 Likes

Google Chrome Chat Gpt was not as descriptive. Interesting…

9 Likes

Why do you need chatGpt? What am I missing?
When I was searching for Macans I wrote my email once and then just copy and pasted and changed the stock number I referenced in the email … does CGPT do anything else than draft the email (that you only need to draft once)?

Maybe lowball offers sound better when they’re well written, grammatically correct, and long winded?

LeaseHackr + Chat Gpt = less work

Rather than typing out instructions to CGPT I’d rather draft my 2x two liner emails. I usually do a hook and offer approach: check availability, then offer. All in it’s about 4 sentences and after you’ve drafted it once it’s all copy paste…

3 Likes

You underestimate my laziness.

1 Like

In the dev version of Edge, there’s an option to share the web page you’re on with ChatGPT. I think that’s where it got the numbers from as I had the leasehackr website open.

1 Like

Yes you need to download the Dev version separately and enable it.

1 Like

Ray Catena gave you 7% discount ?

1 Like