Drive-Off Amount: $33,065
Months:36
Annual Mileage:12,000
MF:0.00001
Residual: $ 19,996
Incentives: 0
Region: CA

Most likely not replaceable

Originally started as a 2020 Bolt - One pay in Jan 2020 before Costco / Bolt blow outs. Net out of pocket was 800 for XSWear.

Started the Bolt recall in Aug 2021. Took GM 2 months to find a host dealership as the purchasing dealership did not want to sponsor. Submitted an order for a C8.R, but GM never picked it up. Didn’t want to chance it with a regular C8 with long lead times.

Switched to a Camaro ZL1, but 1LE package would not go through (Ordering system rejected it due to carbon fiber shortage). Order submitted around 12/20.

GM picked up the order in April. Build completed in May. Sat at Lansing for 3 months for shipping.

Went with substitution of collateral which is a straight sticker swap. No deduction fees. Just payment for sticker difference - there is no tax on this. GM covered the tax, title, and license fees. Essentially, I rolled all the incentives from the Bolt into this vehicle. No further incentives apply (supplier pricing)

Upgrade cost - $33,065 (sticker difference between the Bolt and Camaro)

Mileage restrictions - unknown. GM did not advise how this works or if the mileage resets on the lease. Bolt was turned in with 38,500 miles, and GM stated that the mileage count stopped when the paperwork was submitted last year.

Since it is still leased, I will only need to pay the buyout ($19,996) + tax to keep it. Comes out to about $55k for total cost of ownership.

More pictures to come once I get all the horses on the driveway.

34 Likes

One of the best hacks, congrats!

1 Like

What was the cost of the 2020 one pay shouldn’t that be added?

~800 since I got 8300 in post sales rebate. GM states that XSWear will be refunded so we will see if that actually happens.

:saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face:

10chars

1 Like

What state you in, wanna do a lease swap? Lmao

3 Likes

Please induct this man into the Hackr Hall of Fame. Congrats sir!

5 Likes

There’s deal sharing then there’s bragging……

haha congrats that’s awesome

1 Like

Nicely done and congrats! Enjoy seeing more cars like this on here!

That bolt is the gift that keeps on giving, huh? :joy:

Super nice spec, man. Congrats!

1 Like

Awesome, I did exactly same completed few months back but for SS1LE, upgrade cost was about $4,500. Total cost will be about $25k on mine. I’ve also considered C8 & ZL1 but SS1LE seemed to be the best bang for $.

2 Likes

Sorry to necro thread - can anyone share MMR/trade in values for these 22 ZL1s? Thanks in advance. The usual suspect websites say they don’t have enough data to give an offer.

1 Like

You’re the man, thank you!

1 Like

Before Covid I passed on a Zl1 1le 4k miles at 53k SMH

You still have that pink 392?

You’re thinking of someone else, if I had the :gem::gem: to sign for an expensive FCA product I’d be in the Trx rat race instead of a frontier

2 Likes

:joy::joy: I thought it was your thread
This is @Gearhead post

1 Like

Still have it. Coworker gave me a Hermes horse to go with it lol.

4 Likes

Your co worker looking for new friends?

7 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

10char