Signed: 2021 XC40 T5 R-design $42590 MSRP, 36/12, @ $430/mo including tax

Hi everyone! I’ve been reading all the posts since late August but just registered today. This is my first lease in the US and I really appreciate all the knowledge and experience sharing here! I didn’t see much post here about 2021 XC40 so just wanted to share my signed deal here and hope it can help. Maybe the deal is not super great but I’m happy with the monthly payment since it’s my first one :rofl: and I am enjoying my new car now! Wish my bf is here in US too, that could saved me tons of time looking for cars and all the negotiations with dealership :rofl:

I was originally looking at an XC40 T5 Momentum with similar MSRP and the final monthly price I got from dealer is $420. But I really love the black roof color of the R-design so I went with the R-design.

I was trying to understand the numbers on the lease agreement but it was a bit complicated for me so I tried to put the numbers in the calculator and hopefully thats not too confusing. I bought the tire protection plan because the road here in NJ is just terrible. The dealer gave me some protection plan for the interior and exterior(called Zurich shield and security guard) “for free” but those prices are also listed on the lease agreement so I don’t know… So the final monthly payment before I decided to buy the tire protection plan was $430, and with the tire protection plan it is $449.5 on the lease agreement.

Here are some #s:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 XC40 T5 R-design(Thunder grey exterior and black interior)
MSRP: $42590
Monthly Payment: $430 including tax, $449.5 including the tire protection plan
Drive-Off Amount: $430 + $4500 security deposit(10 MSD)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12000
MF: 0.00111
Residual: 60%
Incentives: costco, A-plan(don’t know how the A plan worked in my lease numbers tho)
Region: NJ
Leasehackr Score: 9 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volvo&miles=12000&msd=10&msrp=42590&sales_price=38011.58&months=36&mf=.00111&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=995&taxed_inc=1250&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=60&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=6.625&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&totalLeaseTax_radio=true

Thanks again for all the posts and sharing everyone and thank you for your time reading my long post :laughing:

1 Like

If it’s on the contract, it wasn’t free.

2 Likes

Yea I think so, but I couldn’t get the same monthly payment from other dealership even without those coverage plans so the final number looked good to me :smile:

10% off seems nice. Was it difficult getting that discount?

It was the first volvo dealership i visited and they gave me 450+ monthly at first and I told them i would take the car for 420. After a few days they called me back and agreed My proposed monthly of 420. So surprisingly it was not hard.
But I guess it really depends on dealership. The other volvo dealership I visited was really hard to negotiate on price.

Hi IAmACarot,
Thanks for sharing your experience, I am also new to the US, live in NJ and in the market for a XC40!
Wondering if you don’t mind sharing which dealership you got the deal with & which one was hard on negotiating.

There’s - broker on this forum who got me 15% off msrp last year on the same car with polestar. Not sure how that compares to yours, but for others looking. There are the same deals right here and dealers will eat you Alive if you don’t shop around here first and know your RV and MF.