Signed 2021 Volvo V60 Inscription $490/mo $0 DAS

Is it the best deal? No, but it’s a “1% deal” and it’s the car I wanted. I did not cross shop any other vehicles. I wanted a V60 and only a V60. The discount was strong (16% with incentives) and the MF super low. I didn’t do MSDs because it would only have saved me about $700 over the lease, and that $3500ish in MSDs will get me a better return elsewhere.

I also somehow had positive equity(!!!) in my Audi A4 lease with seven months to go, and sold it to a local Audi dealer and made about $800. Loved that car, it treated me well and Audi makes great vehicles, but I wanted a proper wagon.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Volvo V60 T5 Inscription
MSRP: $50,210
Selling Price: $42,210
Monthly Payment: $490
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00028
Residual: 55%
Incentives: $3500 lease cash
Region: CA

Volvo has ended V60 and XC40 production for 2021 (I guess due to the chip shortage? They are both built at the same line in Belgium) and inventory is dwindling so I wanted to bite while I still could. The Inscription leases the best of the three. The Momentum leases horribly because its MF is pretty high. A Momentum with Navigation package would have satisfied what I was looking for, but it would have been more expensive to lease, so moving up to the Inscription was a no brainer.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this deal. I too only want a V60 and they are not commonly shared here. Where are you located if you don’t mind sharing? I’m in the DC area.

Great feedback on Momentum vs Inscription. I recently rented a V90 T6 Inscription and liked it a lot except for the size. Pilot assist is really helpful so the Advanced package is a must for me. It doesn’t seem wise to load up a Momentum instead of buying an Inscription.

9% discount isnt bad at all these days. Good deal.

Your price breakdown is double counting the incentives (you have them itemized and rolled into the selling price).

The 1% nonsense is irrelevant

2 Likes

I am in Los Angeles. Supply is dwindling since they stopped production (for all markets globally) of the 2021 model. The 2022 will be slightly revised, but I’m worried the 2022 will be XC only so I jumped on it. I would settle for an XC if needed, but not my preference.

2 Likes