Region: DFW TX
MSRP: $26625
Selling Price: $22735
Incentives: $1000
Rent Charge:$843
Residual value: $13060
Tax, Doc, Registration: $2481

3 Likes

What was the total pre-incentive discount from MSRP? Is it 3900 or 2900? Not sure if the incentive was rolled into the selling price (guessing it is).

For a full sales tax deal like in Texas, looks like a decent discount in this market.

Do you money factor? The rent charge can be worked backwards to find the actual MF, though.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

The total pre incentive discounts was $3900, and additional $1000 on top of that. The incentive was not rolled jnto the selling price. I think what dealer did was used that $1000 incentive as a down-payment. So total discount including everything is $4900.

I think money factor was around 0.00054. Can’t remember exact number but it was 1.5% ish when converted to APR.

Then it looks like a good deal for this market. You’re well over 11% discount before incentives and it appears with nothing out the door.

Did you have any DAS?

All I paid was my first payment which is $307!

Good deal for this market. Nice job!

Let’s not forget this is in TX with not very friendly taxes towards car leases.
Unless OP has some tax credits that helped him with the price.

On the surface at least that below MSRP which is already better than average deal shared.

Did you get residual lower for the extra miles?

That does look pretty good. I was going through some old emails earlier, and in August 2018 my best offer on the Tiguan was $283/month with just first month due at signing. Not far off for very different market conditions.

I am not quite sure to be honest…
In case anybody wants to see the actual lease paper, here it is.

It’s Crazy market now. I am paying $188 with Tax (10k miles per year, Zero payment from pocket and first month was free) for Tiguan S 2020 Demo 4500 Miles on it. I leased it in last week of Dec. 2020. At that time 2021 SE model I was trying was around 325 with glass rooftop and Model S 2021 was around $245 with tax here in Norcal.

1 Like

Hi - Where did you get it from? Can you refer me to the dealer? Will see if can get something similar.

That was about 8 months ago when the market wasn’t crazy. Any Bay area VW would quote those prices for 2021. Now not possible. I was looking for Jetta last month and the salesman said if you could wait better wait.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.