Signed: 2021 Subaru Ascent Limited + Tech

Thanks to everyone for the help. Not a unicorn, but seems to be a decent deal for the area (Northern California) and type of car (3-row SUV). Went with Serramonte Subaru who seem to be a volume-based dealer. My local dealership, Marin Subaru, couldn’t get within $1500 on the selling price, but it was what Serramonte offered on the first try.

2021 Subaru Ascent Limited + Tech

MSRP: $44,840
Monthly Payment: $434 base ($475 w/tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $1225
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.0018 (edumunds forum said .0013, but they weren’t willing to budge)
Residual: 62%
Incentives: $500 Subaru loyalty (called Subaru customer service, not offered by dealer)
Region: Northern California
Leasehackr Score: 8.8
Leasehackr Calculator Link (hopefully did this right): leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Subaru&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=44840&sales_price=38980&months=36&mf=.0018&dp=0&dealer_fee=190&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=500&rebate=0&resP=62&reg_fee=546&sales_tax=9&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Some notes:
If you’re more prepared, you could likely get some of these extras down in price. They offered:

• road hazard coverage (when I asked, they said this is the no-hassle return option) for $999
  • prepaid maintenance for $1790.

I thought maintenance price was ridiculous, but the dealership prices from a different dealership (Putnam Subaru) are as follows:

6k - $245
12k - $345
18k - $245
24k - $245
30k - $669
36k - $345

Total for a 36k lease could be up to $2,100 if you use every last mile.

Those prices are nuts. On my recently ended MDX leass, I changed the oil three times over three year lease (only drove 20k miles and sold it back ready for an oil change). Three oil changes and one tire rotation cost me 225 dollars. Two cabin and one engine air filter change were another 25 bucks. Even if I drove another 15k miles, I’d only be looking at another 150 bucks for two more oil changes and maybe 10 bucks for one more cabin air filter.

On Ascent forum it says all that’s required is oil change every 6k, couple tire rotations and cabin/engine air filter. So maintenance cost for 36k Ascent lease should also be about 500 bucks

Agreed with the above. Subaru intervals are every 6k with synthetic oil. There are air filter changes, but you can do those yourself. Tire rotations are free at America’s Tire (Tire balance is not free if the tires were not purchased there)

Likely depends where you’re located but I’d assume it’s cheaper at a local mechanic, though maybe not as much in the Bay Area as other areas.

Did Subaru stop offering free maintenance for the first 24 months/24k miles?

edit: They still offer it. 100% decline prepaid maintenance.

This complimentary maintenance program comes free with any new (previously untitled) purchased or leased Subaru vehicle, and covers scheduled maintenance services for two years or 24,000 miles*. It’s just one more way we deliver peace of mind on all the miles ahead of you and your new Subaru.

Only in some regions. Usually Sunbelt cities.