Signed: 2021 Polestar 2 Dual Motor - MSRP $62k - 36/7.5k $1500 DAS - $614pm +tax

Not much to negotiate with Polestar, but the experience was seamless from finding an available unit online to at home delivery and signing. This car was on my radar for my persistent wife for a long time and I may now rest in peace.

Polestar is offering $2k off MSRP on leftover 2021 models till the end of March. There wasn’t any inventory before the CA $2k EV rebate ended for the P2 on 2/24. Conveniently, the spec I was looking for became available on 2/25. So, this deal could have been $2k sweeter but alas happy wife happy life?

Model: 2021 Polestar 2 Dual Motor, Thunder gray premium paint with Pilot and Plus packages
MSRP: $62,400
Selling Price: $60,400
Monthly: $614 + tax
DAS: $500 deposit + $1000 at signing - total $1500
Term: 36/7.5k
MF: 0.00021
RV: 63%
Incentives: CA EV $750

Calculator

MF for a 2022 model is higher at 0.00060 although the RV is 2% better. I still come out on top by ~$2300 on total lease cost for a 2021 with the ~3% discount off MSRP not available for 2022 models.

Love the car and will post pics soon!

19 Likes

Congrats and enjoy the new ride :tada:

3 Likes

What’s your spec?

:eyes::point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

We’ve been living with one of these for 3 weeks at this point.

Glad to say the DCFC slow charging issues seem to have been fixed on the car’s side (the same can’t be said for EA’s crapsack billing system)

Enjoy!

1 Like

:no_entry_sign: :eyes:

Have they? I just went to my go to 150kw EA charging station and it was going to take like 90mins from 20% to 100%. I’m also updated to 1.9.

My etron does the same in about 35mins.

Average 10-80% (or thereabouts) has been 40min

4 Likes

Interesting. Maybe EA was just acting up I’ll have to try again.

Here’s a good representation of a splash and dash.

1 Like

Is it better than your p3d?

Not on a V3 supercharger.

:pensive:

How about overall?
Driving
Tech
Comfort
And the good ole quality

• Road manners are decent, no more darty than the P3D stock for stock. Efficiency (or lack thereof) leaves a lot to be desired at least in 2021 cars — Will have to grab a 2022 for a longer term drive to see how those fare (optional heat pump supposedly helps efficiency a fair amount)

• Driver aid (Pilot Assist) is nice for the most part, lane keep assist could use a lot of improvement though…

• Integration with Google is fine (not great, not terrible), could use more apps approved or a jailbroken OS.

• Comfort will depend on how you configure the car (performance pack) but overall is quieter than any Tesla in the same price range.

• Build quality seems consistent across 5+ rentals we’ve had with these.

I’d rock one for the right price assuming the efficiency is markedly better real world on the 2022.

2 Likes

Some EA 150kw chargers cap my etron at 100kw, naturally I would unplug and hunt for higher speed. Cold weather, cold battery will affect charge speeds but this past Sunday I went over 150kw in 20F temp.

1 Like

Lol google car?

Haven’t seen any reviews on it
Doesn’t look appealing looks meh

You get over 200 miles on a full charge?

I noticed the 250A cap at a couple of 150KW chargers as well and have made it a point to prefer the 350’s when available.

$600/mo. 7500 miles/year. Doesn’t sound much of a good deals. Hope it rides better.

compared to what?
I rest my case against 4xe or frontier or OG delorean.

4 Likes

Or a time machine.

1 Like