Signed: 2021 MAZDA CX-5 GRAND TOURING FWD 36/10 $353

2021 MAZDA CX-5 GRAND TOURING FWD
36m/10k
MSRP: 32,200
Selling price: 30,131
Residual: 61% (19,642)
MSD x 3: 1,242 (could not do 4, apparently can’t lower MF to 0)
Adjusted MF: 0.00008 (APR: 0.19%) from 0.00032
Down: $0 (besides 1st month)

Just a warm deal, doesn’t pass the 1% of MSRP test, but in this insane market it is very tough. Happy however to not have to pay above MSRP and happy with the car.

I can’t get the calculator to match exactly with the numbers in the contract, it’s off by about $2 on the monthly payment and the total MSDs are also a bit off by $117.

1 Like

How was the dealership stock? Honestly I would be happy paying this price since I’m looking to lease as well, but I live in NYC and my local dealership has all CX-5 marked 1k above MSRP.

They had a few in stock, different trims and colors, but difficult of course to find a combination of color, trim, price that you like so you have to compromise somewhere. I really didn’t want to pay a higher lease on a turbo AWD (and those don’t lease as well either). I’m coming off a BMW 430i GC lease and the CX-5 is a different kind of car in good and bad ways, but plenty good for how much driving I do these days and estimate to do in the next year.

I did not want to buy as I think in 3 years there will be plenty of supply of EVs and it will be time to get one. Selling a gas car might turn out to be tough, this seller market won’t last forever, but if it does or gets worse, I can always buy the CX-5.

1 Like

PM the OP directly with your request.

It’s a useless test that doesn’t tell you if something is a good deal anyway.