Selling Price: $56,620
Monthly Payment: $832
Drive-Off Amount: $832
Months:39
Annual Mileage:12K
MF:0.00137
Residual:53%
Incentives: $0

Given the market conditions, unfortunately there was truely only one Lincoln Corsair Reserve with the options I wanted between the four Lincoln dealerships in my city. Even after multiple negotiations, they were willing to give only $1000 discount off on the MSRP. I did get them to throw in the tint and wheel locks for free after trying hard on the incentives.

I did 39 months as I wanted to end the next lease around mid Nov so that I have more options on the cars launched for that year. And, they did not budge off on Doc fee and misc other fees. My previous Mazda lease did not so many of these small fees. Lincoln AFS does’t do MSDs to bring down the APR althought I qualified for Tier1+ (score 830).

This is a fully loaded Lincoln Corsair with (almost) all the options included.

Note that the dealership only charged the L&M fee in place of the sales tax in my state. I have attached the numbers & breakdown of gross captitalized cost if it helps anyone. I know this probably is not the best lease deal given the market, but this is what it is.

On a side note, I sold my previous 2018 leased Mazda to CarMax yesterday with a positive equity of $6100, so that is good ! I am still staring at the cheque for that much amount which I did not remotely anticipate!

3 Likes

Fancy Ford Escape for a X5 payment lol

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing, congrats on the new car and big check on the Mazda! Helps alleviate some of the sting of not being able to get a better deal on the lease.

If you want there’s also a database here you can enter the deal into. It helps other people search and filter on deals to get a feel for what’s out there:

4 Likes

Enjoy! It’s a nice ride.

2 Likes

that’s not an x5 payment anymore lol

13 Likes

lol :slight_smile: I would say shared platform is where the similarities end between Ford Escape and Lincoln Corsair top end models. Many are unique to Corsair compared to Escape and to many -

• Corsair uses sound dampening (asphalt panels and wheel liners) under the car to reduce road/cabin noise. The cabin is really quiet.
  • Similarly, Corsair uses padded materials under the hood to block engine noise.
  • Corsair offers 24 way adjustable premium leather seats (heated & ventilated) with massage for both the driver AND the passenger seats. Massage is one of the best in this segment.
  • 14 speaker Revel system has been praised as one of the best by many in this luxury segment.
  • Lincoln Embrace lighting which feels truly luxury. As you approach the car, the DRL has a flowing sequence for switch on, the 4 door handles light up and side mirrors project illuminated Lincoln logo on the ground on both sides of the car.
  • All the car chimes (no seatbelts, door open etc) are soft and are recorded by Detroit Symphony Orchestra. Just for the touch of luxury.
  • 2.3 Turbo with AWD (includes 20" wheels) is pretty good.
  • Dynamic bending LED headlights which is not tied to steering wheel, but a camera monitors the road and markings on road and projects more/less ahead or sideways based on the speed. Say, when you are making a right turn at low speed, the headlight will provide you more lights on your right for more visibility.
  • Auto dimming drivers side mirror.
  • Adaptive intelligent cruise which will read road signs and adjusts the speed say if you travel from 65 to 35 zone and back to 65.
  • Full color Head Up Display with temp, clock, speed, road sign recognition, navigation, fuel to empty etc info displayed on the windshield in front of the driver.
  • Phone as a key.
  • It can parallel park for you automatically!

Just some of the features…

While I am not writing this to make myself feel good about the purchase, I hope this will provide some good info to others who are looking at the Corsair and what Lincoln is planning in upcoming years.

I would say the Corsair is not perfect but Lincoln is going in the right direction with their SUV lineup - Naviagtor, Aviator and Corsair. When everyone in the luxury segment is trying to go ‘sporty’. Lincoln is doing a good job focusing on the luxury aspects coulpled with good engine choices.

5 Likes

Nice car, but yowzers on the payment. I guess that is where we’re at right now.

2 Likes

Congrats and thanks for sharing the data point

2 Likes

I am nitpicking but this statement contradicts itself. Either the car is fully loaded (all options) or it isn’t (almost all options).

This is definitely a good data point for the community so thanks for sharing. Congrats on the new new, post some pictures.

1 Like

Thanks. I understand. I said almost as my car did not include the adaptive suspension which usually costs $700, that’s the only option which is missing.

I could not find enough data points or lease deals about Lincoln Corsair so that’s what prompted me to create this post so that someone else could look it up as a reference.

2 Likes

There were only few Corsairs on the dealer lot. They said they have ordered more but not sure if they will be here in 1 month or 6 months. It actually came to just 1 car which had the options I wanted so had to make the best out of situation. And, my current Mazda CX-5 lease was ending, so this time I wanted an upgrade for myself. :slight_smile:

I get that it’s a nice SUV… but let’s not get carried away.

You can still get a 2020 Corsair Reserve on Rodo with $8000 in incentives.

For a 2021, your MF looks way marked up, at least in my region Lincoln AFS buy rate is 0.000679.

This really should have come in closer to $750/mo

1 Like

Thanks. Yea, the used car market is crazy. I looked it up on CarMax website, looks like they are selling 2018 Mazda CX-5 with around 25k (which my car had) miles for $28,000 which is crazy as you can buy a new Mazda for $32K I suppose.

I have entered this deal under SIGNED section as well. I could not find enough info on Lincoln lease deals so I thought I will post it here so benefits of others…

Right, I gotcha. It’s not necessarily worse than anyone else could have gotten for a similar vehicle, maybe that’s the best that can be done on this vehicle, especially with tight inventory. Some cars just lease how they lease.

1 Like

I did find a 2020 Corsair Rserve which was $6k off of MSRP in my area but unfortunately did not have many options which I wanted. I talked to Lincoln AFS and they said APR is auto generated in the system based on my credit and other financial factors etc and they cannot do anything about it. After checking with them, I went ahead with dealership for the lease deal.

I understand I paid a little more as I did not want to wait for the market and inventory to stablize.

The payment is a little high. I think when we get into leasing and payments, lets not forget why we lease a car. It should be so the payment is lower than the purchase payment. Once that lease payment gets in the realm of what you will be paying to own the car anyway, you might as well just buy it.

2 Likes

You don’t compare leasing vs buying based on monthly payments.

2 Likes

X5 payment is above the $1,000 effective payment price point at the moment.

@maxwayne Congratulations on the car!

1 Like

good luck getting them to honor it.

All things considered, if this was absolutely the car you wanted, it is not great, but not horrendous. I know a dealer who is $5k over on these, plus doc.

1 Like

Yea, even my dealership flat out said we could put $5k addendum sticker on top of MSRP but we are not doing that like some other dealerships. Took me by surprise.