Signed: 2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX, $449/month ($450 DAS)

, ,

These are very common factory- or port-installed accessories. If they’re part of MSRP, then they’re also residualized. Unlike BS add-ons.

Anyway if your target was $X total lease cost, it doesn’t matter whether they get there with a smaller discount at buyrate MF or a larger discount at markup

Post some pics!

I think you’d almost definitely have got a better deal by waiting 6 months or so (it was the same way with the RAV4 and CRV hybrids too) but you got the car you wanted at the price you were happy with so that’s all that matters.

I’m really interested in the upcoming Hyundai Tucson PHEV but the idea of having to engage with a Hyundai/Kia dealer with a new model to sell doesn’t fill me with joy.

Pictures to come. They text me this morning to apologize for forgetting to detail the car - I was too tired to care by the time I left at 9pm. I need to take it back for the CarPlay TSB, which they said they couldn’t complete without a dongle that Kia is sending them. Hilarious.

I agonized over this but we needed a new car in the next month or so, and with these still so new, it seems like Kia is trying to play their cards close to the chest and see what they can wring out of these - others have commented that Kia wants to see if they have another smash like the Telluride. If I had my druthers I’d have waited until the Sorento PHEV is on lots, but no one knows when that might be.

Maybe in 6 months it would be better but we can’t say for sure. If they adjust residuals it could be more expensive too, even with rebates.

I laughed at the last part. I remember a year ago a Hyundai dealer near me got in the Veloster N and they had it roped off in the showroom. Gag me, it was a $30k hatchback. I can’t imagine the upcharge on it they wanted. Every Hyundai/Kia dealer I’ve dealt with have their issues.

How are these leasing now?

It has likely gotten worse, although the current market is all kinds of bizarre

I think inventory is tight - some dealer emailed me just now to see if I was “still interested” and they have two Sorentos total, both the highest-end SX Prestige, both over MSRP. TrueCar thinks this EX Hybrid is also still over MSRP.

I do like the vehicle quite a bit after 5,000 fuel-efficient road tripping miles.

EDIT:

Here is a broker offering the base-trim S for $20/month less than I leased the EX in January: Drew @ Centennial - June 2021 Kia Lease Offers - (Sorrento Hybrid and Forte)

The S doesn’t have the panoramic sunroof, power liftgate, wireless charging, and smart cruise control - all of which I use frequently.

Likely deluding myself, but I think I got in at the right time.

2 Likes

You absolutely did. Many of us would kill for January’s conditions right now. I couldn’t even get an EX to quote on this forum. It’s borderline insanity out there.

I feel you on this. I’m in Souther California and went for a test drive last week. MSRP was $37,975. The quote they gave me out the door with their made up dealer add-ons was $46,975. I countered to pay $500 above invoice with no dealer add-ons before taxes and doc fees. Haven’t heard from them since lol. I will say, they the availability of the Sorento Hybrids are few and far between where I’m at. They are flying off the lots as soon as they get in.