Signed: 2021 Chevy Camaro LT1 $273 DAS $273 Month $39400 MSRP - TX

Picked up my new 2021 Camaro LT1 last weekend and man what a car. Honestly, I am pretty proud of the deal that I got worked out. The calculator is a little wonky because of the tax credits so I just put the taxes paid in one field and the dealer fees in the other. The dealership was about 2 hours away from me but the people there were extremely helpful and straight forward. Anyway, on to the car.

Quick Photo Edit (didn’t like Sat Dish in one and Elec Meter in other so I removed)

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Packages: RS Package, Technology Package, 10 SP Auto, Upgraded Wheels
MSRP: $39,405
Selling Price:$36,608
Monthly Payment: $273.66
Drive-Off Amount: $273.66
Months:39
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00028
Residual: 63%
Incentives: Tax Credits, Competitive Lease
Region: Texas
Leasehackr Score: 12.1
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Clicky

20 Likes

Looks great! Awesome deal

2 Likes

Congrats!! I love the white body with black wheels. Enjoy the new ride!

1 Like

Great deal! I have a deposit on mine, but it is held up at shipping due to the cpu chip shortage. Hoping it arrives by end of month, not sure this deal will be available in April…

One question, can you explain in laymans terms how Texas tax credits work?

What is the breakdown of the 3250 incentives? Max competitive I think is 2500, right? Did you have Supplier, too?

Curious to learn more about this. I have a deposit on one that seems to have been shipped. Dealer thinks it should be here within a week or two but the more I look into GM shipping, the murkier it gets.

You can put your VIN in here to see a status, but mine shows it has been sitting since 2/25/21:

https://palsapp.com/

Appreciate the info. My status only says pending with dates or other info.

Congrats - best Texas deal yet, great work.

1 Like

Nicely done and I’m tempted lol. What’s the tax rate for Chevy after the credit? Just speculating from your numbers it seems to be ~1.5%?

1 Like

Sorry, I know I kinda just threw this out there and then haven’t responded, just a long day at work today. Big thanks to everyone who commented with congrats, I am really enjoying this car. I had a Shelby GT350 prior to this and so I’m still in the comparisons phase.

Also, If you sent me a PM requesting information I will get back to you ASAP.

I am sure that there are other people out there who have a much better fundamental understanding of the how and the why that tax credits exist. The simple version for me is that the dealership has a certain amount of “tax credits” that they can use to help make deals which effectively lowers your tax rates down from 6.25% on the total cost to, in my case, 1.25%.

Incentives:
$2250 Competitive Lease
$1000 GM Employee Incentive

They told me that the sales tax came out to ~1.25%. There was a small additional tax that I can’t remember what it was for. I can dig out my paperwork and look it up for you.

I would be interested in hearing your comparison to the GT350. That has been on my short list for a potential “buy and hold” once I am done with the LT1 since it has convinced me I might be more of a muscle car fan than I realized (life time German car snob here).

1 Like

Thank you for the reply and no worries! Just want to know the ballpark number to have an idea. Probably inventory tax dealer passed down to you

May I know if this is in Houston? Thanks

Congratulations!

+1 would love to hear about what you think of it vs the gt350!